Apple Overcharged Me $1,300!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MallCop, Aug 3, 2011.

1. MallCop macrumors 6502

So I ordered my new MBP and paid with bill me later. With the printer and some accessories it came to $1,450 but I was charged over $2,700 bill me later says call apple and I did and Apple told me to call bill me later.

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

does it show what it charged you with?

call apple and inform them about this , because there really anything any of us on macrumors can do lol

3. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Surprised they're pointing fingers at each other? I'd cancel the order.

4. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Don't go trolling on forums, just spend time on the phone and get to the bottom of this.

5. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Just call them or cancel the order, also did you check your order carefully maybe you accidentally added something else like a display

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Complaining here won't help your case. You need to contact the service "bill me later" to be honest I never heard of them.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Billing errors happen. Fill out the requisite dispute form here.

Make sure you have all your order info from Apple and documentation from Bill Me Now when you placed the order. Be prepared for major hassle as BMN is owned by PayPal. BMN falls squarely into the "if it's too good to be true..." category.

Next time pay w/ a CC as it's much easier to dispute and the laws favor the consumer to a greater extent.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Don't come complaining on here, put on your big boy pants and do something about it.

Secondly, financing a laptop is a bad idea, maybe you should save up instead.

9. MallCop thread starter macrumors 6502

I called both last night and bill me later (a paypal service) told me there is nothing they can do since that is the charge apple is sending them, but I can dispute the charge as fraudulent. I called apple and the dont know what happen and said that they would issue a revised authorization and said it would go through instantly, but that was 13 hours ago and nothing has happened. Ny bill me later account is now negative $736 and they said they are charging fees of $135 a day until it is resolved back into positive or for 14 days and then they will put the account into default. The only reason I used bill me later is because paypal is holding my funds from ebay sales until the middle of the month and I needed the laptop now for school.

10. MallCop thread starter macrumors 6502

I also did look into canceling it but everything has been shipped or is prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled.

11. altecXP macrumors 65816

I like how a bunch of people and start acting like bitchs and assume because he took 5min to make a post he's not following up with BillMeLater or Apple.

Way to be *******s Macrumors, stay classy.

12. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Nothing wrong with financing at 0% interest. When I got my MBP I spent 3,600 no reason to pull all that money out of interest accruing accounts at the same time. As for the OP, you're talking about a college student, most of them don’t have thousands in the bank. Financed a computer than to. Helped build my credit.

More importantly whats with the attitude? Do you talk to people like that in person? I hope not. Remember this is a forum to talk about Mac issues, good and bad.

Perhaps someone on this forum had a similar experience and could offer some advise.

13. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Beware of PayPal.

Just be relentless and contact constantly until it is resolved. Does BillMeLater have a phone number, or is it just email contact? Use the phone if possible. You will eventually find a weak link if you do.

14. Oxonian3 macrumors regular

This is normal,they always do. they point fingers at each other.This guy was charged 100 times for lion OS X and called apple and apple was flaming paypal and vice versa.

15. MallCop thread starter macrumors 6502

Bill me later does have a phone number. I called both again today and they said that once the order is "completed" it "should" charge the right amount.

16. MallCop thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.