Apple Pages on JB iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by jacobp, Feb 7, 2011.

1. jacobp macrumors member

Hello. I have a JB iPad (4.2.1) and I cannot get Apple's Pages program to run on it. After I open Pages, I open a new document and almost immediately after I start typing, I get kicked out to the Springboard.

And yes, the version of Pages I am running is perfectly legit. It is not a cracked copy.

Any thoughts?

2. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

No problems here with same setup... Sorry.

3. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

I'm not encountering any issues either, sorry.

4. jacobp thread starter macrumors member

Well i tried deleting and then reinstalling Pages and it still crashes everytime. Can someone tell me how to remove all of the files from my ipad that deals with Pages. I have Terminal and OpenSSH. I hope that if i remove all traces of it and then reinstall it, that it might work.

5. buddda macrumors newbie

All of the apps data is under /var/mobile/applications. Navigate to here through SSH. The folders inside here have obscure names though that consist of a series of letters and numbers so you'll have to go into each folder to determine which app it is for. I'm sure that if you deleted the app already that it's respective folder gets deleted too, but I guess it would be part of the troubleshooting process to make sure everything is in fact deleted. Good luck, and not for nothing but you are using an official app store bought Pages correct? It goes without saying that a pirated version would be an obvious culprit to many problems.