Apple Pages Question: How do you move an image within a box?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Apple!Fre@k, May 26, 2009.

1. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

Could someone please tell me what I have to do to reposition an image within a box in pages? I've done it before but don't know how. I created a box object, then filled it with an image and was somehow able to reposition the image within the box and zoom in and zoom out. Does anyone know how this is done?

Driving me NUTS trying to figure it out!

2. Badradio macrumors 6502

Click Edit Mask on the Adjustments HUD. You can drag and resize it then.

3. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

What Adjustments HUD???

4. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

When I select the image and go to Format > Mask --- the word Mask is greyed out and cannot select.

5. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm... I'm trying to do with with a custom shape. I used the draw button under Objects and then filed the shape I drew with an image. Is there any chance that Pages doesn't let you use the Edit Mask feature for a custom shape?

7. Badradio macrumors 6502

Possibly - I'm at work on a Windows machine right now, so I'm trying to remember what's in Pages 08 on my home machine. The Adjustments HUD is accessed by selecting the image and clicking the Adjustments button on the toolbar. If it's not there, customise the toolbar and drag it on from the pallete of icons. If the Edit Mask option is greyed out, it might not be possible using a custom mask, but someone else with Pages in front of them might be able to offer more help.

8. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, Badradio. I'm good. Just manually cropped the thing, and reimported the image into the shape in Pages.

9. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Just so you know for the future, I've always done that simply by double-clicking on the image and then dragging. Works great for me no matter what type of mask I'm using.

jW

10. The Minimo macrumors newbie

Probably not what you were looking for

If you got this picture off the internet then drag it to your desktop THEN drag it into pages, you should be able to move and select its size.:apple: