Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Why? Just wait for the fire-sale...

Back to the topic...

As of today the Market Cap for PALM is: $880.5Mil

Market Cap is: (number of shares) * (share price)

Other interesting Market Caps:

AMD: $3.121Bil
PALM: $880.5Mil
SGI: $529.1Mil

Apple has more cash in the bank then the Market Caps of AMD+SGI+PALM put together (give or take a few 100Mil)!

Some other interesting points:

Palm IPO shares in early 2000 was opened at $145 per share (day high of $165) and a close of $95 and things just kept going down (cept for a dead cat bounce every now and again). Palm shares in mid-2002 now command $1.52... Oh yes from ONE HUNDRED+ DOLLARS per share down to ONE DOLLAR AND FIFTY TWO CENTS (Oh and on June 7th Palm hit an all time low of $1.11).

Boy oh boy and we thought AAPL went thru some wild times.

Dave

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
UHHHHHHHH, how is that back on the subject?? Go on the e*trade message boards if u wanna talk about stock.

~Bust

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
I have an idea, everyone who wants a Apple PDA go to eBay and get one, paint it white, put a fake firewire port on it and be done with it.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by G5orbust
Hey eye,
Tell me again y u havent killed this thread yet?? U know u want to.

I'm trying to be nice...and also trying to uphold a moderator's code of ethics...u know...free speach & stuff...

but believe me...I'm close to it... ;)

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by G5orbust
UHHHHHHHH, how is that back on the subject?? Go on the e*trade message boards if u wanna talk about stock.

~Bust

Uhhhhhh maybe you should just step off okay.

Here was the topic:
==============
"Palm PDA's are the only ones compatible with macs (that I know of) -- Palm PDA's also use Motorola processors. and Palm is also having some money problems at the moment. is the old Apple buying out Palm rumors even close to being true? If not, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Plus, Apple would finally get the BeOS technology they was going to get, and maybe even use some of it, but I doubt that.

That's just my two cents."
==============

Quoting what I did sure as heck was 'ON TOPIC'!

Apple would be NUTS to buy Palm now... They are in a free fall and that's becasue they can't sell or expand their market. You'd have to be nuts to buy a technology that is that close to death by natural causes. (aka: a company with no vision) Apple would be better off rolling their own if they had a desire to do such a thing.

Now let's see how YOU were with staying on topic....
------------------------------
"O God! I've posted one of these Apple PDA BS threads and I got burned for it. Now, young one, you too will feel the burn. Please kill this thread before it gets out of hand! Also, GSFU, being ur first post and all, its probably not the best idea to make useless, server clogging threads . REMEMBER: DONT PISS OFF THE MODERATOR!!! P.S.: All Hail the Newton!! No new Apple PDA will ever dethrone the Newton with its horrible handwriting recognition (about 50,000,000,000x worse than any Palm out there) and horrible battery life!! "

"O god, GSFU, u got eyelikeart as ur moderator. He doesnt like these kind of threads. I suggest running for the hills or helping me pull up a chair to see some thread destruction (I got popcorn, laz-y-boys and sattelite HDTV!!!!) I put my two cents in on the need for the closing of this thread! Infact, ill put a couple thousand $ on the fact that this thread will die VERY, VERY, VERY soon!"

"If you do, feel the wrath of eye's lightsaber u will!"

"Yes, I know this reputation personally. U killed my PDA thread, but I thank u cuz u made me a better member in the process. And yes, my arse is still healing from 3rd degree lightsaber burns. ~bust PS: kill this thread; maybe itll make this newbie a better member."

"Uh OH, britboy vs GSFU. I wonder whose gunna win??? The newbie vs the demi-god. On HBO this thursday for only 53.99. Also, I heard that Mike Tyson does a three round exibition after the match with Bill Gates (funded privately by Steve Jobs). Now dont hurt him too bad britboy. PS- Death to this thread ~Bust"

"Sry brit. I miss understood ur comment. But i rele do have all those things if u guys wanna watch the world cup or somethin"

"UHHHHHHHH, how is that back on the subject?? Go on the e*trade message boards if u wanna talk about stock. "

"well said eye, well said. "

"Hey eye, Tell me again y u havent killed this thread yet?? U know u want to."

"MMMmmmmmm, Pie......"
------------------------------

Well done child bravo! Ater reading all of those messages you have shown me exactly the kind of messages I'll be seeing from you in future threads and I'm sorry but hearing crap from you about MY post after all that above... Give me an effing break!

D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by DaveGee
Well done child bravo! Ater reading all of those messages you have shown me exactly the kind of messages I'll be seeing from you in future threads and I'm sorry but hearing crap from you about MY post after all that above... Give me an effing break!

hmm...maybe u should relax a bit...

the whole Apple PDA thing has become a joke around here, probably from my appauling reactions to it...

it's all fun...if we give u sh*t please don't take it personally...

I may roll my eyes...I may criticize the topic...mostly because it's a dead topic of discussion...

but please don't get so worked up over it...really... ;)

GabrielX

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2002
Omaha
Re: Re: iWalk

Originally posted by eyelikeart

I do not even believe what I am seeing here...

the quality of this already bad thread has thus hit rock bottom...:rolleyes:

maybe I should pie him? :eek:

Yes.

That boyo has been posting everywhere for people to look at the iWalk movies. (For what reason, I have no clue. They were fun...once.)

Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.