Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent47

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
Looking for the Apple part number for the SATA flex cable for the 2014 Mac Mini. Perhaps someone here who is upgrading their hard drive (or doing their own teardown) could take a look and report back. All of the teardowns I have seen online don't show this cable in detail.

I've ordered one with the 256GB SSD but also want to add a hard drive.

Thanks.

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
Looking for the Apple part number for the SATA flex cable for the 2014 Mac Mini. Perhaps someone here who is upgrading their hard drive (or doing their own teardown) could take a look and report back. All of the teardowns I have seen online don't show this cable in detail.

I've ordered one with the 256GB SSD but also want to add a hard drive.

Thanks.

Some people have stated the 2014 uses the same flex cable as the 2012. So you can order the OWC doubler or ifixit 2nd hard drive kits for the 2012 and be able to use the flex cable. Some have states though that there's only enough clearance for a 7mm and not the usual 9.5mm drive like the 2012. Also the screws that the kits come with aren't long enough to support the drive so you may have to improvise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.