Apple Partnering With Accenture to Help Create Modern Enterprise iOS Apps

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced a new partnership with Accenture, a global management consulting and professional services company, which aims to combine iOS with Accenture's business expertise to guide companies in unlocking new revenue streams, increasing productivity, improving customer experience, and reducing costs.

The partnership will result in a dedicated iOS practice inside of Accenture Digital Studios in certain locations around the world, where Apple experts will be placed to work alongside Accenture team members. These combined teams will include designers, programmers, data architects, and more experts, all working on launching a new set of tools and services to help enterprise clients "transform how they engage with customers using iPhone and iPad."

"Starting 10 years ago with iPhone, and then with iPad, Apple has been transforming how work gets done, yet we believe that businesses have only just begun to scratch the surface of what they can do with our products," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "Both Apple and Accenture are leaders in building incredible user experiences and together we can continue to truly modernize how businesses work through amazing solutions that take advantage of the incredible capabilities of Apple's technologies."
Specifically, the iOS-related tools are said to include three major services to help increase a company's analytic capabilities. To facilitate a smooth transfer process, a migration service will assist clients in quickly transferring their own existing legacy apps, and all the information found within, into modern iOS apps.

After they have a new iOS app up and running, new ecosystem services will help clients more easily integrate iOS devices into their own corporate ecosystem, while an Internet-of-Things service will include various templates and predesigned code to streamline gathering data from IoT platforms in their own iOS apps.

Apple has added the Accenture partnership to its business partners web page, alongside partners like Cisco, SAP, Deloitte, and IBM. Accenture has also updated its website with more information about the partnership.

Article Link: Apple Partnering With Accenture to Help Create Modern Enterprise iOS Apps

KazKam

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2011
... Accenture, a global management consulting and professional services company, which aims to combine iOS with Accenture's business expertise to guide companies in unlocking new revenue streams, increasing productivity, improving customer experience, and reducing costs.
Ooooh, I hope it also maximizes and incentivizes synergies, vertical integrations, core competencies, and disruptions on the bleeding edge.

Last edited:

swm

macrumors regular
May 29, 2013
i don't think that accenture can provide any value to this. developers create apps, fancy dressed suit folks just do prezos & reality bending with ********storm. last time i checked, enterprise apps were coded the same way as "residential" ones...

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
These two company cultures (and business models) are so different, I honestly can't see how this will be successful.

I will give this six months. And when the partners at Accenture realized that they lost 1,000 billable hours on every consultant working on this and have nothing to show for it they will pull the plug.

Reactions: jw2002

neutralguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2015
This is written disaster all over written. Companies like Accentures are parasites. They will suck Apple dry!

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
You all are complaining about this, like ****ing everything, but it's a smart move on Apple's part. It further cements iOS as the go-to mobile platform for enterprise, and that's gonna make a humongous difference as desktop OSes slowly fade into the background.

No one's stopping businesses from writing their own internal apps. This is a move to attract middling MBAs who want a "turn-key" solution.

NomadicTy

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2007
I hope it's a partnership, and Apple is not paying Accenture for their piece of the work. Especially not per hour. Or it will be years of blueprinting and excuses. I know. I've worked with them and their type of companies.

mabhatter

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2009
Ooooh, I hope it also maximizes and incentivizes synergies, vertical integrations, core competencies, and disruptions on the bleeding edge.
If you stuff money like sandbags you can slow that bleeding.

This is truely the demise of Apple. Enterprise IT and especially enterprise IT vendors are the "anti-Apple" in almost every measure of flexibility and forward thinking.
[doublepost=1504047011][/doublepost]
You all are complaining about this, like ****ing everything, but it's a smart move on Apple's part. It further cements iOS as the go-to mobile platform for enterprise, and that's gonna make a humongous difference as desktop OSes slowly fade into the background.

No one's stopping businesses from writing their own internal apps. This is a move to attract middling MBAs who want a "turn-key" solution.
Enterprise apps would be wonderful. I'm totally for it. That said most companies have outsourced IT to the bone and have very little in-house programming support, especially support that would write the kind of advanced apps Apple is looking for.

The VAST MAJORITY of companies are better served with Mobile Intranet apps that are cross-platform and easily shifted to new devices. Maybe write "wrapper" apps to use advanced phone functions but that's about it.

Enterprise tools and software need to last 10 years.. iPhone (just iPhone) isn't even supported by the phone company anymore. Original apps are long since non-working on new deices and Apple is about to nuke all 32-bit apps. Even on a 5-year turn Apple is pushing it.

If there's one lesson to learn from IBM and Microsoft it's that businesses don't upgrade. Like only when things are on fire. I support AS400 apps that are 25 years old... restored from system to system for decades and still used everyday with no changes to source. It took years AFTER Windows 7 release for Windows XP to drop to second place installed version.. companies are really slow to move technology.

jw2002

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
What will the result of this be? A clunky email app or time charging app that works only at Accenture?

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
Apple engineers will just be faced with barely junior level offshore devs from Accenture and no properly designed or programmed apps will emerge. Apple laughs on the way to the bank.