Apple Password?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jack105, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Jack105 macrumors member

So Apple won't let me log in to their site to reserve the phone for tomorrow. It keeps telling me the password is not the correct one on the account. I know others were told to use their last 4 digits of their SSN as the password or try their Apple ID. Tried the last 4 digits of my SSN and it didn't work and I don't have an Apple ID. Any other suggestions?

2. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Hate to state the obvious, but have you called them? What did they say?

3. Jack105 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I have been chatting with a rep and he says its a password that was setup with the account. Well I know it but it doesn't work. He said call Verizon. No real help. I have no other password.

4. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

you have to call verizon and have them remove or change the password to something you remember.

5. Jack105 thread starter macrumors member

I remember the password, it's the only password on the account.

6. Jack105 thread starter macrumors member

Billing password is the same but still doesn't work.

7. Jack105 thread starter macrumors member

8. woody888 macrumors newbie

how about just create a new apple ID? that should take care of it?

good luck.

9. tophat1 macrumors member

I had the same problem. I logged into my Verizon, changed my password, and then the new password worked when I entered it to buy my phone from apple

10. Jack105 thread starter macrumors member

I tried that and nothing worked. I'm not sure why you guys think it has anything to do with your apple ID. The password is your billing password for your Verizon account so they can verify the account.

11. Jack105 thread starter macrumors member

So after much trial and error I have found the problem to be the password needed is the first 5 characters of the billing password, I was entering the whole thing which was too many characters. No where does it say anything about the first 5 characters. Oh well, I got mine reserved.

So does this mean I don't have to worry about them running out in the Apple store, I just waltz right and pick up my phone?