Apple Pay and Bank Authorization Decline

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by U4icLab, Sep 11, 2015.

1. U4icLab macrumors regular

I'd like to get your collective thoughts on this: When I pre-ordered my Apple Watch and used Apple Pay, it was about 3-4 weeks before the Space Black watch actually shipped and Apple attempted to debit my account linked to Apple Pay. The card was declined because weeks had passed since the initial authorization. Since our pre-order phones won't ship for two weeks, do you feel that there is any risk in the two week period that may lead to a "decline" between tonight and when the charge is actually placed? I'm wondering if I should skip Apple Pay and simply pay with my credit card directly tonight? : /

2. bronzi macrumors member

3. patrickpiteo macrumors member

Apple pay is faster

4. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Isn't using Apple Pay the same as using your card, just without the process of entering your information?

5. patrickpiteo macrumors member

Yup but with Apple pay all you do is use your fingerprint to pay sooo fast. Used it when I ordered my apple watch and got it launch day..

6. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

So had the OP entered his card information manually, it probably would have still been declined.

To the credit card company, both payment methods probably look the same.

7. patrickpiteo macrumors member

No it was declined when they were ready to ship the watch not when he ordered it.. That's the way read it.