Apple Pay and McDonalds

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bizzy045, Oct 26, 2014.

1. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

Just got back from using apple pay with my chase southwest credit card, and it worked great. However there are no details of the transactions. Just a dash for the price and just the city for the location. All other transactions for Apple pay I've used show all the details. Is this a McDonald's issue, or is it just a bug?

2. dan.synergy macrumors member

dan.synergy

I would allow 24hrs, specially since its the weekend, and see how the transaction is reconciled by Chase SW.

Normally, banks take extra time on the weekends to process anyway, which makes no sense in this day and age but yeah...

3. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

the only instance I've heard of this is when you use a debit card..because I had the same question. Others have said debit will only show the location while a credit card will show transaction details and a mini list (I think up to 5 most recent). So I'd say may sure you didn't change cards in Apple Pay by accident or like someone else said, maybe since it's the weekend everything will show within 1-2 business days.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

When I used ApplePay (credit card) at Mickie D's, the transaction info, including the total, appeared almost instantly.

5. bizzy045 thread starter macrumors 6502

bizzy045

It finally posted. Took 5 hours. You guys were probably right that it took longer because it's the weekend. Thanks for the replies.

6. Buddygor macrumors regular

7. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I asked at the drive-thru today, and she didn't know it by name, but she knew she had to hold the terminal out for the customer. That's good enough for me. ;)

Since I was only there for a $1 drink, I didn't bother using my emergency CC (my everyday CC and DC aren't part of Apple Pay yet).

8. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

uh..yah:)

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Occasionally

10. cinealta macrumors 6502

You guys have $1K smart phones but you eat at McD? What are your priorities in life?

11. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

With all the money spent on smartphone... there isn't much left in the kitty for anything else....

They do make a nice egg muffin though.... always good when you are out very early morning...