Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
So I lost my credit card over the weekend. I think my credit card wallet just slipped out of my pocket. Anyway, couldn't find it on Sunday. Went to bank to get replacements today. They will mail credit card to me and I will have it in a day or two.

I looked down at my phone to delete my Apple Pay thinking I would add new card when it came. Apple Pay card was updated with the new card number. :eek:

I was not expecting that.

dmrowley

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2010
Dortches, NC
Just got a replacement debit card from Wells Fargo today, but my Apple Pay still shows the old card number. It must be bank dependent...

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Just got a replacement debit card from Wells Fargo today, but my Apple Pay still shows the old card number. It must be bank dependent...

Maybe. I was getting a new debit card, which the bank issued right there and handed to me. But I use a credit card for Apple Pay and it updated very quickly (checked only a few minutes after walking out of the bank). I haven't had a chance to see if it is active. I suppose it shouldn't be active until I get the card and call in and activate it with a phone call.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I recall them mentioning something about this during the announcement. Like if your card expires and you get your new one, you won't have to change the expiration date or security code, as Apple Pay will update it automatically.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
That's awesome. I got my debit card replaced twice this year and it drove me crazy re-entering the information on every single ****ing website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.