Apple Pay and Pending Charges

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jayes, Oct 25, 2014.

1. jayes macrumors regular

I just noticed that my Amex card in Apple Pay is listing two pending charges under recent charges (as seen when you tap the "I" on the bottom right corner of the card). I would think it would only list those charges that are actual charges. Not only that, but it lists one of the pending charges as .01 while my Amex online says it was 1.01. Both of these pending charges were from VZN. Online had other pending charges that do not show up in Passbook.
    Anyone else showing pending charges? Is this an Apple Pay issue or Amex issue? Or not an issue at all as this is the way it works?

2. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

I tried using it at as pollo tropical yesterday. The transaction said it went through on my end but the cashier said the unit doesn't work. It shows in my passport that there was a transaction but my account was not charged

3. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

Just another instance of Apple releasing something that is not ready....not surprised

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Why do you automatically assume it's Apple's fault? What if the banks are not ready? What if their systems are the actual reason for these issues?

5. jayes thread starter macrumors regular

Just wanted to update my comments.
    One of my issues was pending charges on the website not showing up on my phone. Turns out it was user error. (user=me). Amex uses different account numbers for each card so my husband's pending transactions were not there because his card number is different than mine. Makes sense.

According to Amex/Apple Pay CS pending transactions do show up on the phone, but he told me they will fall off when the pending transaction goes through. He also said they are aware that the phone is updating at a different speed than the web. We shall see if that VZN .01 charge ever matches the web which says 1.01. Admittedly there will be growing pains. Still going to use AP when I can.

6. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

What are you talking about? Ok so If I buy an Apple Iphone but ATT cell phone services are not available yet who am I blaming...uhhh Apple for selling me a phone that doesnt work.

Or how about if I buy a Mercedes Benz and the tires are not ready to go on the street....am I going to blame the tire manufacture or Mercedes for selling me a car who has tires that dont work? I mean seriously. I didnt buy the banks or stores I bought a phone that is suppose to work that those stores and banks.

7. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

So if the Internet is down in your house will you go and return your iPhone because wifi doesn't work?

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Do you also blame Apple when you can't make a phone call because there are no cell towers nearby?

P.S. OP responded that it was USER ERROR. So much for your allegations.

9. xero9 macrumors 6502a

I want to respond to this, I really do.. I feel that any logical explanation as to why you're wrong would be met with a blank stare though.

You poor person..