Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AaronG123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
UK
Anyone been experiencing issues using Apple Pay in iOS 12 beta 2? Seems like the NFC chip isn’t activating anymore. Multiple cards & multiple different merchants/terminals; tried the usual basic troubleshooting. Going to re-set up all cards tonight.

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Anyone has issues using Apple Pay in iOS 12 beta 2? Seems like the NFC chip isn’t activating anymore. Multiple cards & multiple different merchants/terminals; tried the usual basic troubleshooting. Going to re-set up all cards tonight.

"Usual basic troubleshooting" also include totally resetting the device and installing Beta 2 afresh?

AaronG123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
UK
"Usual basic troubleshooting" also include totally resetting the device and installing Beta 2 afresh?

Indeed you are correct.... however out and about at the moment; therefore quick post on macrumors to see whether others have experienced similar issues seems logical?

TwitchyPuppy

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2016
Canada
No issues at all! It feels like the official build :) I had this exact issue with an early iOS 11 Beta build. I reverted to the official build and it solved the issue. Then, I waited until the following iOS 11 Beta build and still had no issue with Apple Pay.

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
Can't say I see a problem.

iPhone 6 plus on iOS 11 took so long to prepare for Apple Pay that the payment terminal would time out before it asked me to do the touch ID.

iPhone X with iOS 12 (either beta) is so damn aggressive, that it usually makes a payment the moment FaceID recognizes me - usually 1 second or less. This is from much further from the terminal than I am used to (iPhone 6+ was typically 1" or touching the terminal, the iPhone X works up to 4-6" away), and I've had it charge the wrong card a couple times because it'll approve the transaction before I have a chance to swap cards after FaceID confirms my ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.