Apple Pay Celebrates New Year's With 20% Off Grubhub Orders

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today sent out an email advertising its latest Apple Pay promotion, which includes 20 percent off delivery orders from Grubhub through January 1.

The deal is valid when paying via Apple Pay through the Grubhub app and website with promo code CELEBRATE20. The code is one-time use for personal Grubhub accounts and offers a maximum value of $10 on order subtotals before taxes, tips, and fees.

In addition to Grubhub, Apple's email also promotes other ways to use Apple Pay to "ring in the new year," including movie tickets on Fandango, hotel deals on HotelTonight, and car rentals through Turo. Finally, Apple notes that it's the last chance to receive 6 percent back on Apple Store and apple.com purchases when paying with Apple Card through December 31.

Article Link: Apple Pay Celebrates New Year's With 20% Off Grubhub Orders

wigby

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2007
I received an email from Seamless with exact same offer for those who do not know that Seamless and GrubHub are the same.

miniyou64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Grubhub is absolutely the worst food delivery service. There is nothing about the experience that works or is pleasant

Mdracer

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2016
I have had no good luck with grub hub. Each time you order the food. If there are mistakes, it is pure hell to get it sorted out.

Reactions: miniyou64

mudflap

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
Chicago
I guess I'm in the minority but I've using and love them. Other than their tipping recommendations being insultingly hi. You're not a waiter. Nobody asks if I would like dessert or coffee afterwards. There is no busboy. You just carry a paper bag in your car for a few blocks then you and hand it to me. End of transaction. $5 or $6 covers that unless it's a hundred dollars worth of sushi and 3 containers of miso soup then you deserve more.

Anyway, the trick I've found is NEVER call the restaurant. Call or chat live with GH as soon as you discover the issue and THEY will always take care of it and then usually give you a $5 or $10 coupon to use on my next order.