Apple Pay gives me an error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anaqvi786, Mar 1, 2015.

1. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Hey folks!

Recently picked up a new iPhone 6 on T-Mobile on a family plan and I'm really happy and excited right now. This thing is awesome.

The only issue I am having so far is not being able to add Apple Pay on my phone. I keep getting an error stating that I need to contact my issued to add my card to Apple Pay. To make things even weirder I get a message from my issuer saying I need to call them up as well to add my card.

Any ideas what's up? I've heard there was an Apple Pay issue with the iPhone 6 and it needed a replacement and I'm hoping that isn't my case.

Thanks guys!

2. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

That's strange. Did you call them up? Is it a debit or credit card?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why do you find that weird?
    Your bank wants you to call them for security reasons to verify its you and your iphone that wants to enable applepay with their card.
    That's normal and not weird. The weird part is why havent you just called them. Both Apple pay and your issuing financial institution is telling you to give them a call to verify your identity and instead of calling you post a thread here:D
    There's nothing wrong with your phone and it doesn't need replacement.

4. anaqvi786 thread starter macrumors regular

Haven't called them up yet but I will tomorrow when I return home. If I call from a different number they think I'm someone else lol.

----------

Found it weird since most people don't have to call in to get the card verified. I'll call in when I get home tomorrow and let everyone know!

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I had to for one of my two cards. It's very normal.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Most cards require some form of verification but if you didn't provide your card issuer an email address then there's no way to do it over email and you'll have to call in. Most people have their email addresses on file with the card issuers.

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

8. idanny34 macrumors regular

When one of my banks started allowing their credit cards to be used with Apple Pay a few months ago, I had to call in to verify and receive an identification number. I recently restored my iPhone and didn't have to call in to verify.

9. Applejuiced, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I had to call on 2 of them, another bank just send me an email notifying me right away that my card was added to applepay. Another bank card send me a text with a pin code to enable applepay with that particular card.
    Every bank has different security procedures to protect themselves and you as the customer from fraud.

10. rugmankc, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015

rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

11. goofy1958 macrumors regular

Not sure why you think that. I had to call on one of mine as well. Very normal to ensure that it is you adding the card.

12. anaqvi786 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Called in and it works :)

----------

Thanks for that, I called in and they got me all set. Pretty happy :)

----------

Definitely does make sense, I called in and now I am good to go :)

----------

Ah okay. What happened with me was they had to enable my card to be used and then I added it again and this time it worked :)

----------

I am happy these security measures are put into place. I called in and they got me set up.

----------

This explains a bit. I guess my card was part of that "yellow path" and so this is why it wasn't immediately accepted.

----------

Initially I thought that since it was a complete error message instead of some verification and I also viewed some video tutorials which didn't require any additional verification. I ended up calling in and they had to enable it from their end but now I am working.

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help folks!

13. blevins321 macrumors 68030

American Express made me call them and it took about 5 minutes.

My local credit union (who uses a co-op Visa card) made me call and it took 45 minutes because no department knew who was responsible for it. This was 2 weeks after we got emails saying that it was now supported. Then after authentication they proceeded to send me a registered snail-mail letter informing me that signup was successful, after I had been using the service for two weeks.