Apple Pay - How to authorise?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BingoBlue, Sep 10, 2014.

1. BingoBlue macrumors member

If Apple Pay will be a feature of the Apple Watch how will purchases be authorised - without then taking out your phone?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

3. BingoBlue thread starter macrumors member

That isn't how it with authorise. Just come across the latest article on the main page... pin code when you first put it on then you must maintain skin contact.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Look at what I had posted in another thread before the article on the main screen was posted.;)

5. Schnort macrumors regular

I believe there's also the requirement to click the button whenever a payment is requested (to prevent people from just walking by and charging you without your knowledge)

6. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Think you need to double click the button to put it in "payment mode" as such then hover it near the reader. As mentioned already there is a pin code to enter when you put it on that will last until it loses skin contact.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

First you will have to select which CC to use and then likely a confirmation tap. There is no way to bypass the CC selection process and without selecting which CC to use you can't be charged.

8. Schnort macrumors regular

I assume you only select the credit card once for default, or when you want to change it.

Otherwise, that's really clunky for an ease of use feature.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

After looking again it looks like you may have to double push the Contacts button to activate Apple Pay. No matter what the method it is a certain that random people can't walk up to you and charge on your CC.