Apple Pay International Roll Out

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by megalaser, Oct 22, 2014.

1. megalaser macrumors 6502

megalaser

Does anyone happen to know when it's going to be rolled out to other countries?

2. schmidt65 macrumors 6502

Bearing in mind in the UK we're STILL waiting for iTunes radio, I'm not holding out hope for the foreseeable future!

There seems to be a major problem with Apple and international rollout for services, you only have to look at the crippled Apple TV in the UK to see that.

If Apple roll out a new service saying rollout in the US first, as I rule I generally try to ignore it all together.

Still, at least they get their hardware out at the same time as the US! :D

3. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Even though I agree with you 100% I think we might have a fair chance getting Apple Pay rather than getting iTunes radio to work in the UK.

4. schmidt65 macrumors 6502

I hope you're right. The only glimmer of hope is that I read Apple Pay works with existing NFC paypoints - which there are already loads of in the UK.

5. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Yes. I think they need to get VISA and MasterCard approval then the banks(to authorise the cards of course). I heard that you can use US issued cards outside US with apply pay. You can just enable it by switching the region to US .

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Canada has not got iTunes Radio either so I am not sure I see apple giving us apple pay either anytime soon

7. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

I find it retarded that apple couldn't have approached to 'big five' Canadian banks to get a North American rollout to happen at the same time.

Hell at least get the major credit cards working here. They're owned and run in the US, what's the hold up?

It's especially infuriating considering nfc is everywhere here.

8. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I don't think iTunes Radio has been anything like as successful as Apple had hoped. They definitely did have plans to roll out to important markets like the UK, but I guess because usage and numbers didn't match what they were expecting in the US - they decided not to move forward with the investment necessary for international expansion.

I'm sure if Apple Pay takes off as they clearly expect, they will be doing everything possible to get it into important international markets as quickly as possible.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I agree with this. The US is surely the guinea pig for new products and services. As iTunes Radio never really took off, Apple has turned to Beats.

I think once Beats is integrated more into iTunes Radio and Apple's existing services, we'll see a broader rollout.