Apple pay iphone 6 on SF muni.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richard371, Oct 25, 2014.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

I notice when I tag the readers at the SF muni gates or on the muni the apple pay lights up and says "touch to pay". I have not paid since I have a fast pass but I'm curious if anyone has used Apple pay on the muni.

2. taylorlightfoot macrumors newbie

Clipper cards use the same NFC protocol as Apple Pay. I doubt paying will do anything because the clipper card system currently works by writing back to the clipper card and storing the value left in the NFC/Clipper card chip.

I would not be surprised if we get to add Clipper cards to Passbook later on when Apple allows others access to a SDK to use the NFC component of the phone for other things besides just credit/debit cards.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It will just fail. My friend rides the muni exclusively. Number one annoyance he has with apple pay. Imo Apple was lazy with how they implemented it. Especially since more and more things have NFC now.

4. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Do you know if Google wallet works on muni?

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am almost as far away from San Fran as I can get without leaving the US ROFL. My only friend who lives there is an Apple guy. I imagine they dn't take google wallet either, though. If they did I would thinkApple Pay would also work; same basic tech.

6. Allograft macrumors regular

7. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Boston! My bad. I will be in beantown next week!

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Enjoy the city!