Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Hi,
I have a Problem with my iPhone Xs.
I can start the apple pay progress with face id and the animation show that I should hold the phone to the terminal. But it does not work. With my apple watch no problem on the same terminal.
I have deleted the card and added it again, did not help.
Any idea what I can try?

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Hi,
I have a Problem with my iPhone Xs.
I can start the apple pay progress with face id and the animation show that I should hold the phone to the terminal. But it does not work. With my apple watch no problem on the same terminal.
I have deleted the card and added it again, did not help.
Any idea what I can try?
Looks like your phone might have a faulty nfc chip, but having an apple watch I wouldn’t be too worried about it. Nonetheless, to make sure the NFC is the problem, try using apple pay from your iphone in an app or on a website that takes apple pay such as walgreens, best buy, target, macys or jcpenney (apple pay in-app and online payments don’t use NFC). If that still works, then we know you simply have a faulty NFC chip on the iphone and there is no issue with apple pay itself or your bank cards. If that is the case, you might need to have the phone replaced at an apple store or authorized service center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.