Apple Pay not working properly.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Wide opeN, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Wide opeN macrumors 6502a

Wide opeN

So I've now tried to use Apple Pay twice now @ Walgreens unsuccessfully.

Each time the touch ID had failed to register properly, which is strange as I never have any problems with it when I unlock my phone.

The terminal will sense my phone but then when I go to do the touch ID portion it simply won't recognize.

Am I missing something!?

2. Wide opeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wide opeN

3. wolfaaron macrumors regular

I haven't has a similar bug so I can't give an accurate fix. However, you can try deleting your Touch ID and then register your Touch ID again. Your card gets deleted automatically from passbook every time you delete your touch ID so you will need to register the card again. If your bank requires a text or email verification verify it. Then try again. If that fails try deleting your phone and restoring it and try again.

If it persists it could be an issue with the chip that holds your Touch ID or card data. You would need to take it to apple and possible get a replacement.

4. goofy1958 macrumors regular

OK, so someone has to ask the stupid question. Have your properly registered a debit/credit card to work with Apple Pay, and received confirmation from your financial institution that it was good to go?

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Your issue sounds more like an issue with your phone, best to have Apple look at it.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can also delete your existing fingerprints individually.
    So if you make a new index finger registration, then remove the older one it should work.

If it still fails, sounds like a phone issue. Or perhaps a restore might get it working.