Apple Pay on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dtp8513, May 1, 2015.

1. Dtp8513 macrumors regular

The last thing I want to have is a password on my watch. I'd like to be able to use Apple Pay on my watch- is it possible to do without a password? A password takes away the point of having everything quick and easily accessible on the watch.

Any ideas?

2. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

Not sure what you mean. It doesn't require a password.

3. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

I recommend passcoding the watch so that when you take it off and put it on, you do need a passcode, but after that, you don't need a password to use Apple Pay. You just hit the friend button twice to bring it up and hold it close to the reader. Done!

4. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

You only put the password in when it leaves the contact of your skin... meaning when you take the watch off. So in the morning you put a passcode in and it is now activated as long as the watch stays on.

It's really not a big deal. And there have been countless threads about this already with this exact same complaint and then everyone answers it in the way I have answered above. Then everyone asks... "wait, you don't have to put the password in once after you've put the first password in and then it stays in contact with my skin?" Then we all answer yes again.

Then this thread will slowly go silent with some random rambling. A day or two later someone else will start the exact thread and the cycle continues.

End rant...

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You don't need the password past the first day if you use your iPhone to unlock your watch. When I put my watch on in the morning, while looking at it, I unlock my phone. Watch will unlock too.

Watch App, Passcode, Unlock with iPhone.

6. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Interesting. Didn't know it can be unlocked via the phone.

I love the ability to use Apply Pay on the watch, but I do hate having the need to unlock the watch every morning when I put it on. Being able to unlock via the phone will make this a bit less painful.

7. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Unlocking with the phone is definitely pretty cool. They only minor issue that I sometimes run into is that if the phone is already unlocked when I put the watch on then the watch doesn't automatically unlock. I need to lock the phone, then unlock it again after the watch is on.

8. kovey macrumors 6502a

It sounds like OP doesn't yet have a watch, hence the confusion. The only time a password is required is when the watch is physically removed from your wrist. Or, as soon as you unlock your phone, the watch unlocks - so never a need to ever unlock from the watch as others have mentioned.

9. Teon macrumors regular

Teon

how to unbind to unlock?

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Are you asking how to use the iPhone to unlock your :apple:Watch? If so it is Watch app: Passcode: Unlock with iPhone

11. Teon macrumors regular

Teon

thanks a lot

12. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

when I use my watch at my grocery the amount required for signature seems to be lower. I have not noticed the threshold. Any one else find that? I prefer to pay using my Watch. So I do not have to take my phone out.

13. kevin_tron_taco macrumors member

kevin_tron_taco

The passcode is annoying for me. I tend to wear my watches slightly loose and it triggers the passcode to be required quite frequently throughout the day.