Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Of course, you think Apple would be stupid enough to allow anyone to pick up your :apple:Watch and use your :apple:Pay?:confused: I guess someone needs to lookout for your wellbeing. :D Also you use your iPhone without passcode protection?????? :eek:

Reactions: ladytonya

azfalcons

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun
yep I have never had a need for a passcode.

the reason I asked if because I added a card and a passcode to both and the watch isn't asking for it. must be an OS 03 glitch

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
yep I have never had a need for a passcode.

the reason I asked if because I added a card and a passcode to both and the watch isn't asking for it. must be an OS 03 glitch

Passcode for the watch is only for when you first put it on to wear it, to unlock the watch (you can also set up using Touch ID on your iPhone to unlock without having to enter in the Passcode)

It's not every time you turn the screen on.

Reactions: ladytonya

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
What lagwagon said ^^^^

To set up Apple Pay on the watch, you also need to give your watch a passcode so it will lock when it's removed from your wrist.

When you put on your watch, you can unlock it either by entering the passcode on the watch or by using TouchID on your iPhone. You won't have to enter your passcode again until you take it off because it's periodically checking for your skin by using the LED sensors on its back.

If you don't want or need to put Apple Pay on the watch, setting up a passcode is purely optional.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.