Apple pay on AW

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by azfalcons, Jun 24, 2016.

1. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

Ok so I'm thinking of adding apple pay to the phone. I know I will need a passcode now but will I need one for the watch as well?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Of course, you think Apple would be stupid enough to allow anyone to pick up your :apple:Watch and use your :apple:Pay?:confused: I guess someone needs to lookout for your wellbeing. :D Also you use your iPhone without passcode protection?????? :eek:

3. azfalcons thread starter Suspended

azfalcons

yep I have never had a need for a passcode.

the reason I asked if because I added a card and a passcode to both and the watch isn't asking for it. must be an OS 03 glitch

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Passcode for the watch is only for when you first put it on to wear it, to unlock the watch (you can also set up using Touch ID on your iPhone to unlock without having to enter in the Passcode)

It's not every time you turn the screen on.

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

What lagwagon said ^^^^

To set up Apple Pay on the watch, you also need to give your watch a passcode so it will lock when it's removed from your wrist.

When you put on your watch, you can unlock it either by entering the passcode on the watch or by using TouchID on your iPhone. You won't have to enter your passcode again until you take it off because it's periodically checking for your skin by using the LED sensors on its back.

If you don't want or need to put Apple Pay on the watch, setting up a passcode is purely optional.