Apple Pay on foreign countries

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by daye, Feb 19, 2016.

1. daye macrumors member

Does Apple Pay work on foreign countries which accept Apple Pay? If my region is US and I am travelling to UK or China, Can I use my Apple Pay there or visa versa? Anyone has any experiences?

I can use my AE or Visa/Master on those countries without problem, I would hope Apple Pay works the same way too.

Thanks for any input.

2. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Yes. I just got back from London. The London Tube (and buses) accepts Apple Pay -- and we used that to travel all over London. Using my U.S. MasterCard. Worked great. Made travel super easy.

3. lartola macrumors member

lartola

Yes it does. In fact, Apple Pay works even in foreign countries where it hasn't been officially launched just as long as the merchants accept contactless payment and the payment network for the card you added to your iPhone or Apple Watch. I myself have Apple Pay set up for the US and use it regularly in Mexico too, where Apple Pay is still officially unavailable.

4. MisterSavage macrumors regular

MisterSavage

Make sure you let the issuer of your credit card know that you'll be using it outside of the country.

When I didn't know this I was so confused when I saw people complaining that Apple Pay wasn't in the Netherlands yet because I had used it there without an issue.