Apple Pay on the iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jabij1, May 5, 2015.

1. jabij1 macrumors member

Ever since I got the watch I haven't used my phone for apple pay, it's much easier on the watch. It's kind of like a feature of the phone is gone...

2. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

Or if you live in Canada it's like it was never there...oh wait.:apple:

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

True. Why take it out of the pocket if you can just use your Watch?

4. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

Has anyone experience an issue with trying to add the same debt or credit card to the Apple Watch that is already present in the iPhone Apple Pay? I continue to have the Card Not Added Error. My bank is Regions Bank (which is an Apply Pay participant) and their customer service is not exactly "with it". They said was an Apple issue and that I should contact them. I have successfully used Apple Pay on my phone dozens of times.

5. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Kind of makes me feel like the apple pay launch was more tailored to the idea of the watch being the main hardware of choice. The iPhone does add that extra security though, but how could you ever not want to use he watch instead. Can't wait.

6. blackbear219 macrumors regular

I still haven't tried it on the watch yet. Maybe I'll swing by Walgreen's on the way home tonight just to give it a whirl.

7. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I have used Apple Pay on the watch several times now and it's actually much faster than using the phone. I always get a "Wow, that's cool" comment from the cashier.

8. kturner726 macrumors member

Totally agree! I haven't used my iPhone for apple pay since i got my watch.

9. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I haven't had a problem with this. I have the same group of cards activated on my phone, my ipad, and my watch.

10. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

I wish that were the case here. Problem solved on my end . . . kinda. I removed my card from phone and added it to my watch. That worked. Apparently with Regions, you can only associate a card with Apple Pay on 1 device. It locks it from being associated with another. Probably a security measure.