Apple Pay on watch just deleted all cards?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Just got an email from Amex saying I successfully removed the card from Apple pay on my watch, but I never removed anything. Opened up the watch app and sure enough, all 3 cards, Amex and 2 Chase cards, were somehow deleted off the watch and I needed to re-add them all again. Apple Pay on my phone was fine though, they weren't touched. Anyone else have this issue?

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
Did you unpair and re-pair? That will remove all the cards.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Nope didn't do that at all. Just randomly got the email before out of nowhere.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Thats happened before on my phone but haven't experienced on my watch yet. From my understanding and my aggravated call to my bank telling them that they are not to remove my cards from Apple pay, it is likely a security issue. Doesn't make it right and they still should not be doing it, but I don't think the banks are entirely sure or properly setup with Apple Pay yet in the sense that I bet that it sometimes activates a security risk that they just automatically take care of. JMHO anyway.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
Thats happened before on my phone but haven't experienced on my watch yet. From my understanding and my aggravated call to my bank telling them that they are not to remove my cards from Apple pay, it is likely a security issue. Doesn't make it right and they still should not be doing it, but I don't think the banks are entirely sure or properly setup with Apple Pay yet in the sense that I bet that it sometimes activates a security risk that they just automatically take care of. JMHO anyway.
It seems odd, though, as the OP has Amex and Chase cards, and all were removed.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I doubt the banks had anything to do with it. I am betting it is an Apple thing.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
If all cards were removed regardless of the issuers, that's from Apple's/iPhone's/Watch's end. Nothing to do with the banks.

Deleting the passcode will remove all cards for security reasons, but this apparently didn't happen to the OP.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Funnone

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
Toledo,Ohio
I've had the same thing happened twice so far. Did absolutely nothing to cause it, went to use Apple Pay and all my cards are gone

LOLobo

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2014
Happened to me yesterday. I realized there was only one thing I did that *may* have caused it.

I changed the Auto-Lock from "5 minutes" to "Never" because I wanted to keep my screen from sleeping.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Assuming you are still under warranty or got Apple Care, call them and see how they explain it. Tell them what you noticed. They may have some questions for you so probably better you call them than ask here. I am curious why it would happen if you didn't make any of the above changes.

SisterBlue22

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Happened to me yesterday. I realized there was only one thing I did that *may* have caused it.

I changed the Auto-Lock from "5 minutes" to "Never" because I wanted to keep my screen from sleeping.
That's most likely what did it. Turning off the passcode removes cards from ApplePay, as it's a security issue.