Apple Pay on watch just deleted all cards?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Jun 11, 2015.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Just got an email from Amex saying I successfully removed the card from Apple pay on my watch, but I never removed anything. Opened up the watch app and sure enough, all 3 cards, Amex and 2 Chase cards, were somehow deleted off the watch and I needed to re-add them all again. Apple Pay on my phone was fine though, they weren't touched. Anyone else have this issue?

2. flur macrumors 68000

Did you unpair and re-pair? That will remove all the cards.

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Nope didn't do that at all. Just randomly got the email before out of nowhere.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Did you turn off the Watch PIN? That'll delete the cards too, I think.

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Nope

6. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Thats happened before on my phone but haven't experienced on my watch yet. From my understanding and my aggravated call to my bank telling them that they are not to remove my cards from Apple pay, it is likely a security issue. Doesn't make it right and they still should not be doing it, but I don't think the banks are entirely sure or properly setup with Apple Pay yet in the sense that I bet that it sometimes activates a security risk that they just automatically take care of. JMHO anyway.

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Happened to me once. For no reason. I didnt do anything.

8. flur macrumors 68000

It seems odd, though, as the OP has Amex and Chase cards, and all were removed.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I doubt the banks had anything to do with it. I am betting it is an Apple thing.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If all cards were removed regardless of the issuers, that's from Apple's/iPhone's/Watch's end. Nothing to do with the banks.

Deleting the passcode will remove all cards for security reasons, but this apparently didn't happen to the OP.

11. Funnone macrumors regular

I've had the same thing happened twice so far. Did absolutely nothing to cause it, went to use Apple Pay and all my cards are gone

12. LOLobo macrumors member

Happened to me yesterday. I realized there was only one thing I did that *may* have caused it.

I changed the Auto-Lock from "5 minutes" to "Never" because I wanted to keep my screen from sleeping.

13. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Assuming you are still under warranty or got Apple Care, call them and see how they explain it. Tell them what you noticed. They may have some questions for you so probably better you call them than ask here. I am curious why it would happen if you didn't make any of the above changes.

14. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

That's most likely what did it. Turning off the passcode removes cards from ApplePay, as it's a security issue.