Apple pay problem(maybe)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gzigoris, Feb 4, 2016.

1. gzigoris macrumors member

gzigoris

I got a Chase FREEDOM card for Apple pay. Yes I have used this card a couple of times for online purchases. My Problem is that since I have had this card now locked in my Safe it has been hacked twice. This is the second time I have had to replace and change my account number. This new card is locked up and I have removed it from Apple pay on my Phone and Watch.

Question to all: has anyone had a similar experience with their credit cards on Apple pay? In know what Apple says but I would like to know what is actually happening out in the wild.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would suspect that you have used your credit card without Apple Pay and that is how it got hacked. It would be pretty hard to hack though an Apple Pay transaction.

3. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

Your card cannot be hacked from Apple Pay. Full stop.

4. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Those couple of times you used your card for online purchases most likely were the cause of your fraud issue. ApplePay cannot be hacked by design. The card number it transmits to the merchant when you use it in-store is not your real card number plus it couples with a one time use authorization.

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Apple Pay does not even send your real card number., so it can't be that. It could be the online purchases.