Apple Pay Problems

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by TechiEmmanuel, Oct 21, 2014.

1. TechiEmmanuel macrumors member

TechiEmmanuel

Hi!

I'm a minor and have a Verizon iPhone 6. I updated to iOS 8.1 yesterday, but saw no option to configure Apple Pay. I also updated my dad's iPhone 6 Plus to 8.1, and I was able to configure Apple Pay just fine for him. Thinking it may be the age on my Apple ID, I signed out of iCloud and iTunes on my iPhone and signed in with my dad's credentials, then rebooted. I went into Passbook and slid down on my Starbucks Card to get the plus icon, but all I got from that was the usual QR scan thing.

Is anyone else having problems configuring Apple Pay?

2. ttmrn macrumors regular

What's ur region setting in?
    Settings>General>Language & Region

Is it in the United States?

3. brezz macrumors member

2 Cards with Different Billing Addresses

I have a question about Apple Pay. I have 2 different cards loaded, and they have different billing addresses. When I was setting up apple pay, it would only let me use one billing address as default. I tried to enter the 2nd billing address but it wouldn't save it. I'm afraid I can't use my 2nd card now since I can't get the billing address for it to save.

Any thoughts on this issue?

Brian

4. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

You have "add" card to :apple: pay thru settings app> Passbook &:apple: pay section .. :apple: pay setup video

5. TechiEmmanuel thread starter macrumors member

TechiEmmanuel

My region is set to United Kingdom, but I tried setting it to United States with no luck.

----------

Yeah, my dad's 6 Plus has the options in both Settings and Passbook and mine doesn't.

6. TechiEmmanuel thread starter macrumors member

TechiEmmanuel

I figured it out. I restored my phone, set it to USA and set it up with my dad's Apple ID. I then signed out of his iCloud and into mine, set up Apple Pay, then changed the region. Now it works!