MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared its latest Apple Pay promo, which will provide Apple Pay customers who make a purchase through the Panera Bread app or the Panera Bread website with a $2 credit for a future order.

According to Apple, to get the deal, customers will need to use Apple Pay for an online Panera Bread order through the app or website. The Panera Bread app and the website can be used to order Panera Bread food for either delivery or pick-up.

applepaypanerapromo.jpg

To get the $2 credit for a future order, customers will need to spend $10 or more, exclusive of taxes and delivery fees. The offer is available from November 29 through December 5, and customers must be members of the MyPanera rewards program to receive the credit.

Apple's latest promo email also highlights Peet's Coffee, Jamba Juice, and Whole Foods, all of which accept Apple Pay.

Article Link: Apple Pay Promo Offers $2 Off Future Panera Bread Order With $10+ Purchase

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I'm always happy & think it's good to hear about any apple pay promo......but this has quite a few restrictions for such a low reward, lol.

You have to spend at least $10......place an online order through the app / website.....be a member of the My Rewards Panera program & make this order within 6 days....all for $2 off on a future order:D

I'd say this is definitely targeted for weekly Panera regulars.....I suppose for those customers it could be fine, but I'm guessing most can find online coupons that are worth more savings for Panera Bread.

Still, I say keep bringing on these promos!!:)

Comment

BeefSupreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Meanwhile, Samsung has gift cards in their Samsung pay at 10-20% off regularly. Too bad the OS sucks. But, come on apple!

Comment

erinsarah

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2011
Make it $5, and I promise to temporarily stop bitching about the fact that when you use the drive-thru to order a bagel w/ cream cheese to go, the give you a bag with an un-cut bagel, a plastic tub of cheese, and a knife. Apparently so I can use my dashboard as a prep surface.

Comment

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Panera gives away its daily leftovers to charity. They just need people to take it there. Sign up for their "DoughNation" program to help.

Comment

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
What a hassle only for $2.00! This is the reason why panera bread is going down.

It's only a good deal if that's the way you buy at Panera Bread already. Which means it won't help Panera Bread's bottom line by attracting new customers - it will mostly get existing customers.
[doublepost=1543591884][/doublepost]
And people say the iPhone isn’t worth it

It was sure worth it for the McDonald's deals they did with their app every day in September and October. Any sandwich for $1 if you use mobile pay.

There are LOTS of deals with Apple Pay if you search it out. Already saved me hundreds of dollars vs. the traditional way of paying. Might be the same as Google Pay / Samsung Pay, etc. but these mobile payments are a nice way of saving money right now as they're being introduced.

Last edited:
Comment

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
None of these "deals" have been worth a crap so far. I'm about to set up a spam filter rule on these emails.

Comment

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
They are so overpriced to begin with...
Where I live is headquarters to one of the largest franchise owners of Panera. In the 1990s he sold off his McDonald’s franchises and was an early innovator with fast casual. The food was higher price than average but well worth the difference. It was incredible. Now fast forward to today, I can’t even walk in the door without getting upset. They are more expensive than ever with low quality food. A sad desent downward.

Comment

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Not directing that at them, but retailers in general...
I agree. I find it both fun and convenient to use in person. I love the look from both the cashier and other customers when I pay with my watch.

However fun it is to use in person, it is a godsend when using it online. To be able to push a button, paid for, and have my shipping address filled in is the real future of Apple Pay.

Comment

I7guy

macrumors Penryn
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I'm always happy & think it's good to hear about any apple pay promo......but this has quite a few restrictions for such a low reward, lol.

You have to spend at least $10......place an online order through the app / website.....be a member of the My Rewards Panera program & make this order within 6 days....all for $2 off on a future order:D

I'd say this is definitely targeted for weekly Panera regulars.....I suppose for those customers it could be fine, but I'm guessing most can find online coupons that are worth more savings for Panera Bread.

Still, I say keep bringing on these promos!!:)
$2 bucks is $2 bucks. A penny earned...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.