Apple Pay Promo Offers 75% Discount on Cards From Snapfish

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today sent out emails highlighting its newest Apple Pay promo, which offers customers a 75 percent discount off of all cards purchased through Snapfish.

Snapfish is a photo site that allows customers to print their photo designs on a range of products, including cards, making this a solid discount for those who are planning to purchase holiday cards to send out to friends and family.

To get the deal, customers will need to Apple Pay in the Snapfish app when checking out, and will need to enter the promo code PAYFASTER. Snapfish is offering the deal through November 20. Pricing on cards starts at as little as $1.

Article Link: Apple Pay Promo Offers 75% Discount on Cards From Snapfish

TheDailyApple

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2019
Apple Pay promo or not, I wouldn’t pay anything for snapfish products. They charge twice what competitors do and have the worst image quality. Shutterfly is just as bad.

If you don’t believe me, here’s the best article I’ve found on the subject.

Reactions: max2

BrentD

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Apple Pay promo or not, I wouldn’t pay anything for snapfish products. They charge twice what competitors do and have the worst image quality. Shutterfly is just as bad.

If you don’t believe me, here’s the best article I’ve found on the subject.
While I appreciate the sentiment, over half of the companies profiled on that list are aimed at photographers (pro or amateur, some only pro) and not your average consumer. The average consumer is perfectly fine with what they get at the Shutterfly, Snapfish and Vistaprint's of the world. I'd personally never use Snapfish, but have seen plenty of satisfactory results from Shutterfly. Your link rates them as the most expensive, but that's far from true given their constant half off or more coupons/sales. Particularly when compared to pro labs like Miller's. Their gimmick is luring you in with free stuff by charging you 'only' shipping that really just covers the cost of the print and postage in hopes that you buy more as the shipping cost increases.

TheDailyApple

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2019
While I appreciate the sentiment, over half of the companies profiled on that list are aimed at photographers (pro or amateur, some only pro) and not your average consumer. The average consumer is perfectly fine with what they get at the Shutterfly, Snapfish and Vistaprint's of the world. I'd personally never use Snapfish, but have seen plenty of satisfactory results from Shutterfly. Your link rates them as the most expensive, but that's far from true given their constant half off or more coupons/sales. Particularly when compared to pro labs like Miller's. Their gimmick is luring you in with free stuff by charging you 'only' shipping that really just covers the cost of the print and postage in hopes that you buy more as the shipping cost increases.
It’s true that most people don’t know what they’re missing in print quality. As far as price goes, the constant promotions are pretty common among all consumer serving printers I’ve known of. Take Nations Photo Lab, (The top consumer company on the list, and the second place overall,) they run the same type of 40-50% off deals as Snapfish and Shutterfly beside being cheaper originally. I know that as of right now Nations has a 40% off deal on cards and mpix a 50% one. To paraphrase the article I posted, I don’t think friends should let friends use Snapfish. I’m not trying to be a snob, I just think it’s in the public interest to know there are better options. :)