Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For the last few months, Apple has been offering regular promotions to entice customers to use Apple Pay within various apps.

This week, Apple has teamed up with Instacart to offer free delivery on groceries purchased in the Instacart app using Apple Pay through February 28.

applepayfreedelivery-800x660.jpg

To get the deal, customers will need to spend at least $35 per order, and taxes and service fees still apply. Free delivery is also contingent on availability, as Instacart has something called "Busy Pricing" which is an added fee during the busiest parts of the day.

Free delivery from Instacart for orders over $35 normally requires a membership to Instacart Express, a service that costs $14.99 per month or $149 per year. Apple's free delivery offers an opportunity for potential Instacart customers to test Instacart Express.

Without Instacart Express, normal Instacart orders cost $5.99 in delivery fees.

Apple's new promotional email also highlights several grocery stores that offer Apple Pay, including Raley's, Giant Eagle, Sprouts,
Stop & Shop, Whole Foods, and Wegmans.

Article Link: Apple Pay Promo Offers Free Delivery With Instacart

Reactions: mudflap

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Does anyone know what Apple email list are these coming from? Between MR and 9to5Mac, I've been trying to figure out how to get those emails myself (totally would've used the Dunkin' one awhile back).

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I *think* in your iCloud settings there is an option somewhere to receive emails about promotions/product announcements/Updates, however while I can visualize in my head exactly what it looks like because I ticked it off because I was unaware they sent things like this. I thought they would just email about new product releases and what not. It is either in iCloud or possibly your AppleID settings. Geez! I wish I could remember exactly so I could help you out. Look in those two places though, hopefully I am right about one of them. Sorry I could not be of more help.

If you do find out how to get these sent to you, please come back and let me know. I use Apple Pay wherever and whenever I can, so some of these offers would be great...like the Dunkin' Donuts one you mentioned!

Goodluck!

:apple:
[doublepost=1519379949][/doublepost]
Does anyone know what Apple email list are these coming from? Between MR and 9to5Mac, I've been trying to figure out how to get those emails myself (totally would've used the Dunkin' one awhile back).

Pretty sure I found it. Go on your iPhone or iPad to settings and then click on your name at the top. Once in there, click on "Name, Phone Numbers, Email." Once in there, towards the bottom you will see "Subscriptions" and under that you will see "Announcements" and "Apps, Music, Movies, and More." I had both ticked off, I ticked them both on. You do need to tick the Apple News one on, that will not do anything. I have not got an email yet, and probably will not since they probably sent them all at once to people. I would assume when the next promotion comes out I will get notified.

Hoped this helped, as I am almost positive one of those two is the one for Apple Pay promos which is why I turned both on just to be safe. If I start getting bombarded with emails I will turn them off again and just rely on MacRumors to let me know the next promos. Cheers!

Last edited:

mudflap

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
Chicago
This is MR's second "news" about Instacart. If you join Instacart, there are no fees for the first year. There is no deal here.

I believe that was a Midwest-only promo from last year. Now you get the first delivery free. So if you're an Instacart user like me that only uses the service occasionally, this is a great deal.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

tennisproha

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2011
Texas
I *think* in your iCloud settings there is an option somewhere to receive emails about promotions/product announcements/Updates, however while I can visualize in my head exactly what it looks like because I ticked it off because I was unaware they sent things like this. I thought they would just email about new product releases and what not. It is either in iCloud or possibly your AppleID settings. Geez! I wish I could remember exactly so I could help you out. Look in those two places though, hopefully I am right about one of them. Sorry I could not be of more help.

If you do find out how to get these sent to you, please come back and let me know. I use Apple Pay wherever and whenever I can, so some of these offers would be great...like the Dunkin' Donuts one you mentioned!

Goodluck!

[doublepost=1519379949][/doublepost]

Pretty sure I found it. Go on your iPhone or iPad to settings and then click on your name at the top. Once in there, click on "Name, Phone Numbers, Email." Once in there, towards the bottom you will see "Subscriptions" and under that you will see "Announcements" and "Apps, Music, Movies, and More." I had both ticked off, I ticked them both on. You do need to tick the Apple News one on, that will not do anything. I have not got an email yet, and probably will not since they probably sent them all at once to people. I would assume when the next promotion comes out I will get notified.

Hoped this helped, as I am almost positive one of those two is the one for Apple Pay promos which is why I turned both on just to be safe. If I start getting bombarded with emails I will turn them off again and just rely on MacRumors to let me know the next promos. Cheers!

I've tried this. Never received any. Have had it checked since the holidays.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I've tried this. Never received any. Have had it checked since the holidays.

Sorry I could not help. I really have no clue how or why it seems certain people get the promos and others like us do not. There has to be a setting somewhere, but the only places I could think of were what I posted above.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks for the updates on that, SRLMJ23 - the writer at 9to5mac suggested that, too, so I guess that's what many are thinking - I'll report back if I get anything in the coming weeks.

gggameshowman

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2018
Hi, folks. Does anyone have any idea why Apple finally bumped ApplePay card loads from 8 to 12 cards? Just curious why now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.