Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Pay Promotion Offers Free Bonus Credits With $10 TouchTunes Purchase

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's latest Apple Pay promotion, which is Halloween-themed, offers Apple Pay users three free bonus credits when making a purchase of $10 or more in the TouchTunes jukebox app on iOS devices.

TouchTunes is designed to let users play the jukebox at more than 65,000 bars and restaurants across the United States. To get the credit, users will need to download TouchTunes and make a $10+ credits purchase to receive the free credits. Credits within TouchTunes are used to play songs at local jukeboxes.

According to the fine print of the deal, it will last from October 24 to 11:59 Pacific Time on October 31 in the United States and Canada. Only one reward is available per person and per Apple Pay account.

Apple's promotional email also highlights several other apps designed for party planning, including Party City, Pizza Hut, and Walgreens, along with Lyft, Postmates, and Uber for avoiding Halloween traffic.

Article Link: Apple Pay Promotion Offers Free Bonus Credits With $10 TouchTunes Purchase

xtwentyseven

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
Dallas, TX
It made sense when I was 15 at a bowling alley in the infancy of digital music, but now with so much free access to music, I see people refuse to buy an album from their favorite artist when it’s on sale from Google Play for $1. I’m one of few who still buy albums. In this climate, it’s hard to believe there’s a market for jukebox expenses.

Waxhead138

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
Getting past whether you want to play on demand in a bar or not....let's say I do. And I have....there is one huge thing that sucks about Touchtones: If you know an album, and want to play a deep track from it.....good luck. Most of the time you get a choice of 2, maybe 3 songs max. The same crap that's on the radio typically.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
I’ll never get the appeal of paying to play a certain song in a restaurant or bar. But to each their own.

You've never wanted to hear a particular song, dance to something specific, or set a certain mood in a bar?

Friends and I use it frequently. Go to an up north bar and want to hear the music you grew up hearing in those type of out of the way bars. It's a great way to set the mood and kick off a party.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.