Apple pay question

mattlynch90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Not sure if this has been asked,

In the UK contactless payments are a common sight, it's used to replace cash for transactions £20 and under, is this going to be the case with Apple pay?

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK

In the UK contactless payments are a common sight, it's used to replace cash for transactions £20 and under, is this going to be the case with Apple pay?

I don't think so, because a contactless card can be used by anyone and doesn't have to verify the transaction (pin). But with Apple pay you have to verify the payment. So I guess we would be able to pay more than £20 in a single transaction.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010

According to the current macrumors front page article, any terminal that accepts NFC will work with Apple pay.

mattlynch90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
According to the current macrumors front page article, any terminal that accepts NFC will work with Apple pay.

Sorry my question was more aimed at the current upper limit but as Navo says with it being more secure that what exists now then it shouldn't be present

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011

They will eventually be common sight here in the US, but it'll take a few years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.