Apple Pay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marine0621

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
I've been seeing a lot of stories about how big retailers aren't supporting Apple Pay but from what I understand, since it uses NFC you will still be able to use it as long as the POS terminal has NFC abilities. My question is, if this is the case then what is the big deal whether or not stores specifically support Apple Pay in name if they support it in its use anyway?

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I've been seeing a lot of stories about how big retailers aren't supporting Apple Pay but from what I understand, since it uses NFC you will still be able to use it as long as the POS terminal has NFC abilities. My question is, if this is the case then what is the big deal whether or not stores specifically support Apple Pay in name if they support it in its use anyway?
Someone in that thread mentioned above said that if they support contactless payments they probably will support Apple Pay. They recommended downloading Mastercard Nearby app to see what places accept contactless payments. I figure it will be trial and error to see if they will let me use Apple pay.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Someone in that thread mentioned above said that if they support contactless payments they probably will support Apple Pay. They recommended downloading Mastercard Nearby app to see what places accept contactless payments. I figure it will be trial and error to see if they will let me use Apple pay.
You see the reason I posted the link to that thread was so you could go post that in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.