Apple Pay seems annoying on the X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jayson A, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Jayson A macrumors 68000

iPhone X: 1. Double tap side button. 2. Look at iPhone X (take off sunglasses if you're wearing any). 3. Wait for prompt telling you to hold your phone near the card reader. 4. Payment gets processed

iPhone 8 and earlier: 1. Hold iPhone near card reader with finger on home button. 2. Payment gets processed.

I would much rather have the home button Touch ID sensor. Seems way easier and more convenient.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I thought Apple pay was annoying anyways, but I get your point. With TouchID it was a lot simpler.

3. donster28 macrumors 68000

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I heard you just place your phone near the reader then make sure your face in in range then boom....eliminating #1

4. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I do find it annoying since before all you had to do was hold up your phone even when it was in standby. But I guess there's no way around it with FaceID.

5. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

Already used it. No issues. Double tap the side button, it recognized my face immediately, and I placed the phone next to the reader. Faster than Touch ID.

6. Jjayf macrumors 6502

Apperantly you can prime the payment in advance.. Double click side button as you are raising to view face ID, wait for prompt from card reader..

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Anyone wearing sunglasses inside deserves all the annoyances one can throw at them. :p