apple pay setup and icloud?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by trellaine, Apr 30, 2018.

1. trellaine macrumors regular

trellaine

I realize i need to be signed into icloud in order to add and use apple pay BUT I have a new ipad pro which I set up as a new.

If i sign into icloud with username/pass will it download all the information from my previou ipad? I don't want that. If i sign I don't want anything from previous ipad etc.

Thank u

2. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

If memory serves, you have to deliberately go into System Settings to restore from an iCloud based backup. If you don't do anything then all you should have available is the bog standard iCloud stuff (files, pictures) but nothing in the way of things like Apps etc.

That you can also remove with System Settings (where you choose what to Sync).

3. trellaine thread starter macrumors regular

trellaine

hmmm okay. because I don't want older pictures etc on this ipad. since I bought my pro I never logged into icloud in fear of apple downloading all the pics etc onto my new ipad. Thats not what i want.

4. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

I've you've set it up you should be able to modify your iCloud sync settings. If you elect to not sync pictures, for example, then they should not'vanish' pretty quickly.