Apple Pay Setup on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by crispyApple, May 21, 2015.

1. crispyApple macrumors newbie

Hi,

Good news, I just got my Apple Watch :)

Question on Apple Pay setup. BTW, I did a search on the forum and did not find a relevant thread. So apologies if this is a repeat question.

I have one email address associated with my iCloud setup and a different email for my iTunes store account. I notice under iCloud settings on the iPhone that it has the "Passbook option" checked and under Apple Pay, I have 3 cards registered.

Now in the Apple Watch App, it is set to "Mirror my iPhone". However, it is not showing any of the cards that are linked to my Apple Pay on the iPhone. That seems to be odd. I would have expected to have mirrored and shown the cards automatically. Do I need to set them up again? Could this be something to do with different iTunes and iCloud accounts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

You need to set up your cards again for the watch. Just do it through the Apple Watch app: My Watch --> Passbook & Apple Pay.

3. papbot macrumors 6502

I have the same situation one ID that is my primary iCloud account on all my devices and one ID that is used for all purchases, iTunes, apps, etc. and is shared by my wife. That doesn't affect anything. As the other poster stated you have to set the cards up again separately on the watch, including verifying them with the relevant banks.

Also be aware if you ever unpair the watch from the phone or do a reset all content and settings, all that will have to be repeated. I ran into that when I was dealing with an issue with the software update.

4. crispyApple thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thank you both. I ended up adding the cards again.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You do have to add the same cards to the Watch and this is done for security reasons. You'll get different DAN (Device Account Number) on the Watch than what you have on iPhone as they're two separate devices.