Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced it will donate $10 to the National Park Foundation for every purchase made in the U.S. using Apple Pay on Apple.com, in the Apple Store app, or at an Apple Store, up to a maximum of $1 million.

Apple-Pay-Feature.jpg

Apple has supported the National Park Foundation with this annual charitable initiative since 2017. This year, the program runs from today through August 27.

Apple celebrates U.S. national parks every August with special content across Apple Maps, Apple Podcasts, and other apps. In addition, on August 26, Apple Watch users can unlock a special national parks award in the Fitness app by recording a workout of 20 minutes or more with any app that adds workouts to the Health app.

Apple CEO Tim Cook is a national parks enthusiast. Last year, he said the parks provide a "sense of awe, tranquility, and quiet reverence only nature can inspire," and emphasized that they are "well worth protecting, today and for every generation to come."

Article Link: Apple Pay to Support U.S. National Park Foundation This Week

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Apple today announced it will donate $10 to the National Park Foundation for every purchase made in the U.S. using Apple Pay on Apple.com, in the Apple Store app, or at an Apple Store, up to a maximum of $1 million.
So if I buy a $10 Apple Gift Card, Apple will donate $10 to the National Park Foundation?

🤔

And if I do that 100x Apple will donate $1,000 to the National Park Foundation?

• Wow
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
So if I buy a $10 Apple Gift Card, Apple will donate $10 to the National Park Foundation?

🤔

And if I do that 100x Apple will donate $1,000 to the National Park Foundation?
Not really, no. Apple will undoubtedly have more than 100,000 Apple Pay transactions this week in the course of doing normal business, so they'll hit the $1 million cap regardless of what any individual customer does. This is just a way to trick a few into buying more than they otherwise would have, while making a $1 million donation (which is a good thing).

If it were uncapped, that would be a different story, and I'd be way more impressed.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
Realistically, we need to spending vastly more on our interior; parks, roads, bridges, power transmission, etc. I donate the National Parks yearly because I spend 99.99% of my vacations in national parks, so I'm happy to see this. Anything that supports the parks system, directly, is good in my book!

Currently planning a flight to Seattle in October to spend three weeks in Olympic.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
I love our National Parks. I am glad to see some of my money go to a great cause.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.