Apple Pay UK tempormental

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marty1990, Sep 5, 2015.

1. marty1990, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015

marty1990 macrumors 6502

*temperamental*

So since Apple Pay rolled out in the UK I've been on board and its pretty much worked all of the time.

Since the UK's contactless limit was raised to £30 I've had issues.

Twice now, once in Morrisons, once in a local train station where I've tried to use Apple Pay it just hasn't worked. Both times I was paying over £20 but under £30 it hasn't worked. Train station is connected, said it was done but the person behind the counter said it was declined. This happened twice and I had to use my card. Morrisons it just wouldn't connect.

Yet I'd used it perfectly fine in things under £20. Any ideas?

2. ckc macrumors regular

3. ckc macrumors regular

When the £30 spend was released a week ago Apple did say that it would take up to 4 weeks for the software to adjust to the new limit to all terminals to be fully downloaded to all merchants .

4. Azzin macrumors 68040

The list increase to £30 has to be implemented by the retailers (software update), so it sounds like the places you tried and failed hadn't updated and you were trying to pay for goods over £20 and their current limit is still set at £20.

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Azzin is correct, the system is reliant on the retailers running their system updates, if they don't update then the limit will still be at £20 until they do.