Apple Pay UK

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Futhark, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

So we've been told certain banks in the UK will have Apple Pay support from Tuesday 14th July. Surely for this to work there will have to be a software update for iPhones because we can not add bank cards in Wallet unless we change our country to USA?

2. KALLT macrumors 601

This is probably done server-side and based on your regional settings. Apple does not ship a different software for US users, to my knowledge. At most you will have to restart your iPhone.

3. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

4. lionsy macrumors 6502

I'm guessing it's like the News app at the moment, it's there on your phone (or in this case, the function is there on your phone) but it just needs to be activated by Apple.

5. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Now when I think about it my Apple Watch for a few days when I double pressed the bottom button it would bring me up Apple Pay but I had no cards in it then after a few days this function stopped working.

6. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Apple will flip the switch on the 14th. This is the document I have seen from work at the start of the week confirming the launch date.
    As mentioned above, Apple do not send out different versions of iOS to different regions. You do not even need a restart, change your region setting to US and the Wallet & Apple Pay section appears. Done it on my iPhone and the RBS terms and conditions come up. Won't let me activate just yet, I get an error message.

Attached Files:

7. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

9. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

No, it is part of Passbook <iOS 9 and part of the renamed Passbook, Wallet >iOS 9. There will be an Apple background update that will allow U.K. region iPhones to see the settings and use the feature - no physical updates for users.

10. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Cheers

Don't have an apple products yet but iPhone plus S will be my next phone I think.

11. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

12. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Awesome!!! I see you're on 8.x as it's Passbook in that screen shot. Still nothing in Wallet for me yet

13. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

No I am on iOS 9 beta 3 but my watch is still on 1.01 so still shows as Passbook there.

14. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Ah sorry got ya now!!! Flip I never thought to check my watch Passbook app

15. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

image.png Another MacRumors user posted this link:https://smp-device-content.apple.com/static/region/v2/config.json

Once U.K. appears on this website AP will be live at last... Just open Passbook/Wallet and follow the prompts to add your credit/debit card.

My region has been changed to United States to show the above photo but this is how it'll look for us on the 14th!

16. Darth Jeevster macrumors newbie

Darth Jeevster

If you change your region to US and click on add card in wallet, it lets you start the process, so I assume this will change on Tuesday to allow in the uk

17. CasuallyDressed macrumors regular

CasuallyDressed

So, what time tomorrow are we thinking? Is there a definitive list for who is being turned on tomorrow? For some reason I can't find Mastercard listed anywhere.

18. Stupotpot macrumors 6502

Stupotpot

As in does MasterCard support? I'd imagine it depends on the issuing bank rather than the card company.

19. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

https://www.apple.com/uk/apple-pay/ - MasterCard is listed.

As others have said, it probably depends on the bank itself rather then the card issuer.

20. kkdool macrumors newbie

21. leon44 macrumors 6502

leon44

If you get the 'Add Card' box to show up by changing region to U.S. you can get through to accepting your bank's T&Cs, but it fails to verify after this.

Will probably work in the morning :)

22. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Working! RBS, US region settings to setup. Once I activated my card I changed back to U.K. Region and the section is staying in settings.

Attached Files:

23. jakesaunders27 macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Can anyone from the UK running the public beta of iOS 9 see anything in wallet for Apple Pay?

24. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Beta 3 on mine, it's there but none of my cards are with supported banks yet.