Apple Pay (update exp date on card)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by eclipse01, Jan 13, 2015.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I heard this is done automatically, is this true? Otherwise i'm not sure where to check or change this?

Would you just delete the whole card and re set up?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

It's true. I just got a replacement card with a new date and did not have to do a thing in Apple Pay.

B

3. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

4. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

Little things like this, is what keeps me falling in love with Apple!!!

5. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

We just got a replacement card with an entirely new number after my wife temporarily lost her purse. (That card has us share a single credit card number.) And the card updated itself in Apple Pay as soon as the issuer issued the new card, before I even received the new card in the mail.

6. afsnyder macrumors 65816

That's so awesome!

7. seinman macrumors regular

Not only that, but the new card is automatically active in Apple Pay, as well. My credit card was deactivated due to fraud on Wednesday of last week, and I'm still waiting for my replacement card in the mail. Once that comes, they always have the number you have to call to activate it before you can use it. But immediately after hanging up the phone with my credit card company, Apple Pay had already updated with the new card information, and I was able to use it an hour later without needing to do any additional activation. It was fantastic. Being able to use my card at some stores right away made the whole ordeal a little less crappy.