Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LTENETWORK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
Hello, I have question about Apple Pay / Wallet. For some reason I can't add my Lloyds Bank card. I got popup message like screenshot. It is only me or anyone who live in UK with Lloyds cards. This is annoying. Bank says it is apple issue because they don't see request from phone to verify card.
f865f4c6160aa781dea6dce63b065773.jpg

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
I would call Lloyds Bank again and speak to someone else regarding the issue. Just to confirm, you do have a contactless Card?

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
You do not need contactless card, an non contactless will work fine. I have a Lloyd’s debit and credit card ( neither are contactless, I do not like them ) working fine with Apple Pay. It may sound silly, but, you do have a pass code on the phone and touch/Face ID enabled? The only thing I can think of is just keep trying. But Lloyd’s does work with Apple Pay.

LTENETWORK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
I have Lloyds Debit card. It is contactless but this doesn't make sense. Can you try remove card and add card from your Wallet?

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
Are you using the phones camra to add cards? Before you try to verify make sure all the details are correct. If the card is a bit worn it somethings does not read it correctly. Have you got a different card that you can try?

LTENETWORK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
I done manually and using camera in both ways same problem. I have two cards and same problem. No idea anymore. I'm speaking with apple support now.

LTENETWORK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
Maybe you can remove card and try add it agai? Does it work for you?

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
Just removed my debit card and added it again, no problem. Verified it by text, no problem. So it appears that the problen is not Lloyd’s. Have you checked the billing address in the wallet? It has to be exactly the same as the address that Apple has on your Apple account.

CoachDriver

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2005
London, UK
I have the same issue with a NatWest contactless debit card

Have been able to add it to a phone after numerous attempts and also phoning NatWest. However it won’t add to an iPad. All other cards work fine on the iPad.

Tried everything and cannot figure out what it is.

LTENETWORK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
Just removed my debit card and added it again, no problem. Verified it by text, no problem. So it appears that the problen is not Lloyd’s. Have you checked the billing address in the wallet? It has to be exactly the same as the address that Apple has on your Apple account.

I'm using that card to buying apps from App Store and no problem. This makes me sick. I don't have an idea. Apple can't help me. They will escalate problem wider.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Hello, I have question about Apple Pay / Wallet. For some reason I can't add my Lloyds Bank card. I got popup message like screenshot. It is only me or anyone who live in UK with Lloyds cards. This is annoying. Bank says it is apple issue because they don't see request from phone to verify card.
f865f4c6160aa781dea6dce63b065773.jpg

Sounds like your card is due to expire and apples system is showing the replacement/new card. You won’t be able to do anything until your new card arrives. Just recently happened to me.

ugadawgs00

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2009
I am having the same issue with the CapitalOne Venture card. It gives me the same error message. I had it loaded on Apple Wallet without issues on previous phones. My current phone is a recent replacement IPhone XS Max I received about two weeks ago from Apple. In fact, I can add another CapitalOne card I have, Cabelas, without issue.

I have an open case with CapitalOne that has been ongoing for three weeks with no updates yet. I have tried erase/restoring phone. Setting phone up as “new,” verifying my billing address is correct, manually entering the card, everything. Nothing works to resolve this.

seashell81

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2015
London
I have the exact same issue with TSB... it worked perfectly fine, then stopped. Bank says it’s an Apple issue, I have even had a replacement card and the same issue. Apple can’t figure it out. I need to get this sorted but so far, I think changing banks is the only fix!

clavain

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2013
I had the same issue and I rang Lloyds and they reset the cards their end, seems like over the years I’d registered a few and they only allow so many their end, give them a ring.

LTENETWORK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
I can't figure why still my card not working. But bank and apple can't figure out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.