Apple Pay with US Bank

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Decimotox, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

The keynote said that US Bank would be a primary provider for Apple Pay (VISA cards). Why can't I add my debit card? It says the issuer isn't offering support. Makes no sense. I work for US Bank, too, and they sent out a notice saying they were supporting Apple pay. I was super excited to use it. But I guess not...

Any other US Bank people having issues adding their cards?

2. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

3. Decimotox thread starter macrumors 6502a

Huh. Annoying. I just did some extensive googling and found the same thing. They say "later this fall". Awesome. With the way US bank implements things (as I work for them), it'll probably be like next July before we can use it.

Pathetic. Mods can close this.

----------

Thanks for the response, bigpatky.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

I hope it comes out soon.

Or at least a date would be nice.

5. airbelchris macrumors regular

i talked to them. the guy said apple pay with us bank will start (pause) nov 20 ...then tried to make it sound like he was saying october 20th.

edit. it should be sooner. banks are supposedly scrambling to cover apple pay. its cheaper for them

6. Saif23 macrumors regular

7. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502a

AppleChic76

I was bummed about this, too--especially because it's on "the list" LOL I'll be stoked when it's up and running. US Bank had it listed on their site too a few weeks ago.

8. MauriceMoss macrumors member

MauriceMoss

I posted a complaint to their Facebook page earlier.
    The copy on their website makes it sound like it will be available when apple pay is available. As in, today.

The official Facebook response was "We have it ready, but we're waiting on Apple."

Apparently it's Apple's fault. They make it sound like Apple is rolling it out in phases.

9. pvbranson macrumors newbie

I just called them and the lady read an email that said Master Card, Visa and American Express will be supported by March 15th. She said she thinks it could be sooner than that.
    That's like 5 months away. I hope it's not that long.

10. WheresMyMind macrumors newbie

11. WheresMyMind macrumors newbie

12. MauriceMoss macrumors member

MauriceMoss

I know USAA said they were going live November 7th, so maybe thats the "second wave" that USbank might be in.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

13. pvbranson macrumors newbie

14. WheresMyMind macrumors newbie

I saw a story today that USAA cards are being accepted into Apple Pay despite the update coming Nov 7th so I tried my US Bank cards and they went in as well.

The only "flaw" seems to be that the card shown in Passbook doesn't have the same design as the actual card so if you have multiple cards you might need to remember the last 4 #'s. I believe a fix is on the way though.

15. krm728 macrumors newbie

Just added US Bank debit card. Had to call for verification, representative I talked to said I was her first...:)

16. WheresMyMind macrumors newbie

that's what she said.