Apple Pay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Afbar1114, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

I set up Apple pay and it was very easy but it makes me think what can stop some one from entering it in their phone let's say at a restaurant... When some one pays by physical card what will stop them from entering it in their own phone

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

You my friend are the winner of the most unoriginal topic name of the day

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

One answer is what stops them from doing ANYTHING with your card once you hand it over? It's not really a new problem. It's also possible apple requires the phone to be registered to the same user as the card.

4. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I realize that but I was wondering if there was something that apple built into stop this.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's a similar apple pay thread with the same question right below.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1807293&page=2
    Look for post 30,31,32,33 and 34.
    In short is the same thing as anyone that has your physical card for a few seconds can swipe it to a device make a copy of it.
    But with that they only have to rely on surveillance footage to track down the identity thief.
    If you add it to your phone then they have your apple ID, name, address, phone number and everything else the issuing bank needs to trace you back and get your arrested for the fraudulent charges.

6. dotme macrumors 6502a

Actually, I think there is. My billing address in iTunes matches the address on my bank card so I activated without issue. My fiancee on the other hand, had a mis-match. When she added her card, it told her it could not be activated without a confirmation phone call to the number tied to her credit card account. She pressed "ok" and within 30 seconds, our landline rang. She confirmed, and the card was then activated.