Apple Pay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mrs.G, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Mrs.G macrumors newbie

Mrs.G

Something I am noticing around my city.

I will go in a store and ask the cashier if they accept Apple Pay. Most cashiers have no clue what I am asking about or even know about.

But because the majority of the terminals had to be switch out to accept the chip credit cards, I'm finding more stores are accepting Apple Pay now - mind blowing to the cashiers when I do use my phone.

So if your not using it, you might want to try it because I'm finding more and more stores, regardless of how big or small, are using it now.

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68020

Andres Cantu

That's good to hear! I'm sure there will be an Apple Pay update in the March event like there was in March 2015 where they'll update us on how many stores are accepting Apple Pay as well as new partnerships.

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

There's a board for this, but I find that most of the terminals, even if replaced per recent upgrades, still don't accept Apple Pay

4. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Thanks for the tip!
    If you think your phone blows their minds when you pay, try doing that with the Apple Watch. Everyone in line around you along with the store manager will stare at you like you just transformed into Optimus Prime

5. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I don't ask, just hold it up to terminal.

6. nigelly macrumors regular

nigelly

Up here in Canada 9out of 10 stores are equipped with NFC payment. But Apple Pay still hasn't been accepted by any Canadian banks... It's a shame

7. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Skorpio is dead on! When I pay with my watch.....mind blown!