Apple Pay

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Planepics, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Planepics macrumors regular

Planepics

I have looked and looked, so help.

When you use a debit card in Apple Pay, will it be used as a credit card???????? Don't want to have to use a pin.

2. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

If, you don't want to use your debit card PIN, is what you're asking then no. Your Touch ID will suffice to complete any transaction.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

You have to use a debit card as a credit card for Apple Pay, otherwise you will be asked for a PIN, which defeats the purpose of using Apple Pay.

4. Planepics thread starter macrumors regular

Planepics

Thats what I want to do....never use it as a debit.... So you are saying it automatically goes as a credit?

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

You may have to select debit on the terminal. If it's one of the nice new terminals that boast Apple Pay, you won't have to do anything at all.

6. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

As far as I've seen, it depends on how the bank set up their cards with Apple Pay, as some of my cards require a pin and some require a signature. That, and as others have said, the older terminals require you to select which type of transaction you want to do before you tap, so you can make it run as credit. My bank doesn't require a pin so my experience has been pretty easy breezy.