Apple Payment Help Needed!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MatLane, Mar 8, 2012.

1. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Just a quick question, as im unsure what to do

I just pre ordered my iPad on the apple store and at the check out where it says "payment" i used my credit card instead of the car that is normally on my account which is my debit card

If i now change my mastercard back to the debit card it normally is on the store, will it still bill from the one i pre ordered it from? the credit card?

dont want to change my details back and then find out they took from the debit.

Just confused, thanks
    :apple:

2. MatLane thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Please anybody? thanks in advance

3. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Probably best to wait until you've confirmed that the card that you want to be charged has been charged, then you can change your account information again.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

It will bill to the one you first used. You can't change the payment method unless you cancel and reorder. You're a LOT better off using a CC than a debit card anyway. Much more protection and probably a 2nd year of warranty for free.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Debit cards offer the same protection at credit cards, at least at my bank.

6. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

I'd like to add that a good number of credit cards also provide free insurance services for accidental damage in addition to the 2nd year warranty. In my case (CitiBank MasterCard) offers 90 days (from date of purchase) of accidental damage protection (includes theft and fire). You also get 45 days from the date of loss to report it, but the date of loss must be no more than 90 days from the date of purchase*.

I know that American Express has the same 2nd year warranty, but not sure about the accidental coverage.

* purchase date = date ordered, not date product was shipped or received.

7. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

You sound like a fraud risk... Get your tent ready for the night of the 12th!

8. pdawg macrumors regular

Stick with the CC and use the $$ in the debit account to pay the CC that you used to buy it. A lot of times it is safer to use the CC.

9. rjbruce macrumors regular

Change your default card back then double check your order. I believe they won't switch that but as long as the payment details remain the same after you check your order you should be good.