Apple Payment Plan

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xfs, Jun 30, 2012.

1. xfs macrumors member

Has anyone had any experience with the RBS Citizens Payment Plan? My question was more about what kinda credit score does one need to have in order to be approved?

I am looking in to buying MBPr 2.6/16GB/512ssd.

THank You.

2. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

No experience with it, but the Barclay card was easy enough to get signed up for.

3. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Barclay approved me for $1500 with a 620 credit score. But I have a $115k income and I'm not sure if that tipped the balance on the decision.

4. Oasismad macrumors newbie

115k income and you need to get finance on a macbook - wow.

5. mpaquette macrumors regular

People that brag about their supposed income online: lame.

To the OP, get the Barclay card. Your initial Apple Store purchases are interest free for 6 or 12 months depending on how much you spend. Plus they offer interest free promos from time to time.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Is bragging about my credit score lame? :p

7. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Wasn't bragging. Just stating a possibility that income was a factor in the credit line amount that I was given so that the OP didn't apply, misinformed, and received a lesser amount or was rejected and as a result received a hard credit pull on his credit record for no reason.

Being helpful > bragging.

----------

Re-read.. 620 credit score. 0% financing.. paid off over 12 months increases the credit score.

8. unibility, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

unibility Suspended

Barclay approved me for $3800 with a credit score of 758. And I make 1/4 what you make. :D

9. xfs thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your responses everyone. But my question was if RBS Citizens payment plan, how hard is it to get approved for that.

10. mthoma86 macrumors newbie

RBS Citizens gave me a 4k spending limit. My scores are in mid-700s for all 3 credit bureaus. They start at $499 for giving out these loans so you can kind of gauge what they will give you by looking at your score. I also had alot of inquiries so im surprised they actually gave me credit!:eek:

11. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

This made me lol, literally.

I was once told, "just because they make a lot of money, doesnt mean they have a lot of money, they could have a lot of debt".

12. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

From a finance point of view, it's a smart move especially for someone in an above average income bracket but a low FICO credit score.

----------

Could be many reasons, but the first question is why the low score ?

13. richlee111 macrumors regular

I have had a disappointing firsthand experience w/ Apple and RBS. Long story short, I was approved back in June. Then in late July, I made up my mind to purchase w/ the RBS payment plan. So I went through the process and things looked good. Then some technical or system problem happened with my order, and Apple did not get the payment approval from RBS. So I was left having signed a promissory note saying that I have taken out this loan, while Apple and RBS could not figure out how to get this issue resolved. This took place for over 3 weeks. So in the end their solution to me is to reapply for the loan, which would have meant that I would get another credit inquiry hit on my credit history. At that point, I said screw it, I will just purchase the base model from my local Apple store.

BTW, the supervisor at Apple who I was working with promised to send me a free bag, but to this day I have not received it because my original "stuck" order has my bag order in limbo as well:mad: Oh well.

14. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

Very true. I know people with great careers who struggle with debt, and others who make very little money, but spend very little, and have large amounts saved. It all depends on the person. Wanting more than your means allow isn't reflective of any one income level.