Apple pays less than it should be.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by applebvv, Jul 17, 2013.

1. applebvv macrumors newbie

Hi,

Today I got the financial reports from Apple (iTunes Connect) for the month June.
    But I noticed something which was pretty weird. Apple says in the financial reports that I had 655 download in June, but in de sales and trends I added the download numbers together and I calculated that I had 825 downloads in June...

This is pretty weird and I'm not happy about it..

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've heard (but haven't confirmed) that Apple doesn't use any logical definition of a "month". You'll probably find the missing downloads on next month's report.

3. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

Also, upgrades count as downloads but you don't get paid for them.

4. applebvv thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I know, it are only the downloads that I count.
    It's weird, but is it becuz apple has another calendar?

5. firewood macrumors 604

Look up Apple's fiscal months. It may be part of one of the agreements (you clicked agree on). Note that the days are different from the ones in the weekly trend reports or the ones on your monthly desk calendar. Also, the trend report reports sales before they are final, so any near the end of the month won't show up until later (next month), when the banks agree that the sales were valid.

6. chown33 macrumors 604

7. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Yes. Apple's months always have an integral number of weeks, meaning they're always made up of 28 or 35 days. If you go to the sales report page and look in the bottom left corner, they have a link to their "Fiscal Calendar", showing which days they consider to be part of which months.

IE, what they called June 2013 only covered June 2 - June 29 (leaving off June 1, which they counted as part of May 2013, and June 30, which they counted as part of August 2013.)

Check your numbers - see if that is where the difference comes from.

Also, I'm not sure how Apple reports refunds, but those tend to be pretty rare.

8. applebvv, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013

applebvv thread starter macrumors newbie