Apple Pay's Perfect Sidekick

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thomashatch, Sep 12, 2014.

1. thomashatch, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

thomashatch macrumors newbie

I designed a wallet that goes perfectly with your iPhone and the new Apple Pay. It's only meant to carry a few cards and cash, like your license, debit card etc. Just enough space to carry the things you need, digitize the rest! Check it out! The Glider, Wallet of the Future

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aevelasquez macrumors regular

I think the whole point of apple pay is to make things like this as well as what you carry inside it, obsolete

3. thomashatch thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree and I'm rooting for it. I just think it'll be a few years before everyone supports it.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

That looks like it stores credit and debit cards which :apple:Pay replaces...

I dont see the 'perfect sidekick' aspect...

The cash looks like a royal PITA.
    A condom?
    Fold up and store a receipt?

No, that thing looks uselessly clunky and without a purpose.

5. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I'm also hopeful that I won't have to carry my cards with me as much. But not all retailers are supporting :apple: Pay and may not for a very long while.

I think this looks cool, OP. I don't know if I'd buy one. In any event, I applaud your creativeness and willingness to put yourself out there with a product that many will love, and those who hate it will have no issues vocalizing it.

6. thomashatch thread starter macrumors newbie

If you can get away with no longer carrying backup debit or credit and a license or student/work id the more power to you.

7. thomashatch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks fanchee, I would rather just use my iPhone and carry nothing else too.

8. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

In a perfect world! But you are right... Driver's license? Cash? Debit/credit just in case the establishment (gasp!) doesn't accept :apple: Pay? You need some method of carrying these things!

I like your minimalist design. Good job. It won't be for everyone, but no product ever is and hey, at least you tried! More than many of us can say about designing a great product!

Head up, young person.

9. thomashatch thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, well if anyone makes it happen it will be Apple! It has felt strange for a while to carry physical cards when you have a computer in your pocket. It seems to be a battle between retailers, carriers and smartphones for control of the next method.