Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KOH

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
Any word on how Canadians can get their hands on the Apple Pencil? The Canadian Best Buy and Staples both have not had any Apple Pencils at all so is the Apple Store the only option?
Any Canadian store specific stock checks?

Zuri Sebastianski

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2015
Waterloo
still waiting. A friend of mine who used to work at an Apple store in Canada says they have a few trickling in each day. heading to the US in a week so I will try there. this sucks.

KOH

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
Dang, Vancouver hasn't seen any stock this week at all. Last week a few trickled in on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

PixelPrincess

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2015
I ordered mine on the day it launched from Apple's website, and it arrived one week later. (I'm in Canada). Longest week of my life, so I feel for everyone waiting for their pencils- good luck!

Bigboiiiii

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2015
Ordered one today through the Best Buy Canada website, paid $10 extra for expedited delivery. Was given a delivery date of Thursday, December 3.

Chuck Rodent

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2014
Ordered through the Best Buy Canada website with free delivery scheduled for Dec 2. It's a race between the Apple order scheduled for Dec 22 and Best Buy, whichever ships first. All those folks scalping pencils had better return them pronto.

KOH

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
The best buy canada website is being wonky for me and looking like it is preparing for the black friday sale.

yalag

Suspended
Nov 18, 2007
Ordered through the Best Buy Canada website with free delivery scheduled for Dec 2. It's a race between the Apple order scheduled for Dec 22 and Best Buy, whichever ships first. All those folks scalping pencils had better return them pronto.

Why? I'm selling tons of them on a daily basis

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
Bestbuy.ca shows no store stock and not available to order. How is anyone placing orders?

Yalag, not sure who you are or where your stock comes from. How is it you are sellong tons of them?

yalag

Suspended
Nov 18, 2007
Bestbuy.ca shows no store stock and not available to order. How is anyone placing orders?

Yalag, not sure who you are or where your stock comes from. How is it you are sellong tons of them?

I get them from Apple Store not bestbuy. You just have to keep checking.

KOH

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
I got my Apple keyboard on Friday from Oakridge. (Was not busy at all since I guess Canadians don't care as much about Black Friday). Then on the same night I ordered the Pencil on Bestbuy.ca with free shipping and it's scheduled to get here 11/30 Monday, Tracking it now :)
By the way, the Apple stores did not get any keyboards or pencils from Monday-Thursday, and recieved a few keyboard on Friday.

Bigboiiiii

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2015
My Apple Pencil ordered from Bestbuy.ca last Thursday arrived today. Less than a week wait time (I paid extra for expedited shipping)... meanwhile my Apple pencil ordered through apple three weeks ago was still showing 5 weeks wait time. Cancelled that one.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
My Apple Pencil ordered from Bestbuy.ca last Thursday arrived today. Less than a week wait time (I paid extra for expedited shipping)... meanwhile my Apple pencil ordered through apple three weeks ago was still showing 5 weeks wait time. Cancelled that one.
How were you able to order? The site only shows unavailable whenever I check?

Bigboiiiii

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2015
How were you able to order? The site only shows unavailable whenever I check?

Last Thursday BestBuy.ca had a brief moment were the apple pencil was showing as in stock online, within a couple hours it was sold out again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.