iPad Pro Apple pencil from staples is delay!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yicaiweng, Nov 17, 2015.

1. yicaiweng macrumors member

yicaiweng

image.jpeg View attachment 600515

Hopefully I can get mine on 20th. And btw, staples is a very strange company that don't allow customers to cancel the orders.

2. LiemTa macrumors regular

3. yicaiweng thread starter macrumors member

yicaiweng

Before I screen this, I was able to add it to cart

4. LiemTa macrumors regular

Nope. The button is there, but when you click it you're only get a "We're sorry, the following item is out of stock."

5. yicaiweng thread starter macrumors member

yicaiweng

image.png
    Very strange

6. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

The delivery date changed from 20th to 25th....so it begins...

7. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

I ordered on the 13th of November from Staples. Still showing 11/20/2015 delivery date.

8. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

I had preordered the keyboard from staples, but when I was able to get a hold of one at the apple store, I was able to cancel my order...credit card charge removed, and received an email confirmation of the cancellation.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

I noticed this, though my order still says it is allegedly shipping the 19th. I'll believe it when I see a tracking number.

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

If someone gets it from Staples before Apple or Best Buy, send it to me and I'll eat it and let you know how it tastes. :)

Seriously, a snowball's chance in hell is probably a better bet before Apple or Best Buy.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

Well my Staples pre-order got delayed until the 30th. Hopefully the other thread is right and we'll see wide availability on the 20th at Apple Stores.

12. yicaiweng thread starter macrumors member

yicaiweng

13. genomez macrumors member

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes, Staples has better stock and availability than the folks that actually make the Pencil. Makes perfect sense.

15. KPOM macrumors G5

It's happened before. Best Buy had limited supplies of the MacBook in stores before Apple Stores did.

16. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Like last Spring when the best place to get a retinue MacBook was at Best Buy? Or Apple Watch only being available at a handful shishi-froufrou stores in London, Paris and LA?

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

One stocking snafu does not a trend make. Just buy the darn thing from Apple.com and be patient. Geez lousie.

18. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Moving the goalposts again eh?

19. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, trying (unsuccessfully) to bring some sanity into this. Ok, let's all order our pencils from Staples.

20. highdefjunkie macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

That sucks. I feel for you. It actually makes me sick to my stomach and it's not even my order.

21. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I stopped in Staples because it is next door to Best Buy, no pencils. I would not go out of my way trying other locations though.

22. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I feel bad for the Staples orderers... while I had a Pencil ordered from Apple at 0:25 PST on launch day for Nov 20th-30th delivery, I kept watching Staples and Best Buy, refreshing probably a dozen times an hour (I'm a dork), in hopes that things would change.

I got lucky yesterday at an Apple Store and cancelled my Apple order. I *almost* did a Staples order last week until I heard that you can't cancel them.

Fingers crossed you guys are able to find it sooner in a store, and maybe just return the Staples one when it arrives.

23. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

I was lucky to nab an Apple Pencil yesterday at my Apple Store. I canceled my Apple online order and the Staples order. You can actually call up Staples customer service and have them cancel your order.

24. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

25. theConvinced macrumors member

I too ordered on the 13th and received a delivery delay notice. Waiting for encouraging words from any of the fellow Staples orderers.